• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 6k to spend

Hi guy's first post here and I would appreciate some advice from the pro's. Never owned a Honda civic type R ep3 before but always liked them. Driven a few at the car auctions when I used to work there. Anyway I'm looking to buy one now, preferably the face lift model premium edition in black 2004 to 2005 models. So my budget is about 5-6k really would like an unmodified car all stock with low miles and maybe 1 to 2 owners. I've looked around on piston heads and auto trader a few have caught my attention. Can't post the links right now I'm at work but I will later. So anyway some help would be great and hello to all of you.... Kind regards Chris

That's a nice budget to play with. I'm sure you'll get something nice with that kinda money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So guys tell me what you think about this?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/civic-type-r/honda-civic-mk6-type-r------------------2005/7577565

honda-civic-type-r-type-r-S3058740-2.jpg

Good investment. You could probably do 3 years / 30k in it and sell for a profit.

Personally though I don't see any appeal in a premier over a normal facelift. They aren't any quicker :)

There's plenty to choose from so you can be picky.

It'll be worth a long drive to get a good one in the long run.

Would you consider other colours? I've got a cosmic grey, had a black Fn2, and use to have a silver prem years ago. All look great in my opinion.

Attachments

• sketch-1503001810777-640x357.png
    sketch-1503001810777-640x357.png
    374.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0029-640x482.jpg
    IMAG0029-640x482.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 11
Looks good. Although I'm sure that's near the mileage for chain tensioners so maybe factor that into your haggling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like it when they hide the reg, always like to do some sort of check before I arrange to view when I'm spending that sort of money. Last one looks like it's worth a look though.

You have far more to spend than i do but i personally wouldnt want to spend that much on an EP3 that hasnt had the clutch done yet. I've seen ones going for £4,500/£5,000 in good shape with low mileage and the Clutch done along with other bits.

How much is a clutch for you? I've just had mine done and it cost me 1700zl (about 300GBP). OEM Clutch, fluids and labour. Poland is cheap!

Back