• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

70mm throttle body making ep3 jumpy??

Hi guys just recently bought a new ep3. Its got quite a few mods taking power to 259bhp. However one of mods is 70mm throttle body (ported) would this make the car harder to drive smoothly at low speeds / revs. Seems to be a bit jumpywhen you lift of the throttle. Or anything else that can cause this.
Thanks guys. Ps its the second ep3 ive had running this bhp. The first didn t have this issue at all.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Could be clutch on its way out mine does something similar it jerks when you let off the throttle at low speeds and when pulling the clutch out too quick at low speeds especially when cold.

Apparently skunk 2 oversized can be jumpy? Just wondering if anyone else has similar

Lightened flywheel and/or race clutch would massively affect the way the car drives especially setting off from a stand still and driving at low speeds

It had oem clutch only in July. So think can rule that out. It does have lightened fly wheel ***

I had Skunk 70mm on my DC5 along with Skunk Intake Mani. It was jumpy as hell on partial throttle. I think it is a bit of a quirk with them. If you are running KPro, I think it can be tuned out but obviously you'd need a mapping session to sort it. Dottys old Teg had such smooth acceleration it made me wonder if I had issues, but after checking the Yank forums it seems it happens a lot.

That goes along with what i heard. Just wanted second opinions. Thanks

It might be that the TPS needs scaling, I've seen this crop up from time to time on the Hondata forum.

AdamB could be on to something. The TPS should be at 0.45 on closed throttle and about 4.5v wide open. Use a meter and test it. There's loads of guides if you google it.

Bitof a follow on from this. So after the car has been in my garage for maybe 6 weeks. Thought i would give it a blast yesterday. However my battery was completely flat. So charged over night and took it out today. Revs are all over the place. That was after a 20 minute blast. Still the same as before. Not really used car at all since i bought but you think linked to above problem

My mates did this where it was like revving itself at idle as soon as it was on he changed a sensor cant remember what it was but it fixed it have you had any engine lights his came on and i diagnostic checked it?

It will either be the Throttle Position Sensor or the IAC Valve. It always seems to be these two.

So another 20 min blast and all is well. Must have just been the fact its been stood. Heard alot of people saying how these cars dont like been stood for extended periods without being ran

Back