• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

A bar I can still smoke at....

N77

Well once its fitted it might be a little hard :lol:

cuscobrace1eo9.jpg

cuscobrace2cr0.jpg

cuscobrace3fq7.jpg

Well after getting rid of my J's Racing Strut and ETD when I was looking to put my car back to standard, with a view to sell. Then changing my mind and keeping my car for another year at least, I wanted another strut brace to replace the J's.

Having looked at various items, I came across the above Cusco, it was the only one I could find that was more point to point than the J's but didn't require any modding like the Spoon.

Upon getting this today the quality looks excellent and the engraving detail is a nice touch, as most braces seem to be plain.

Will be fitting it on tomorrow, so will update the thread then.

Carl

UPDATE........NOW FITTED

Fitted it this evening, took all of 15-20 mins in between having something to eat etc... :lol:

cuscofitted1ay3.jpg

cuscofitted2wn1.jpg

cuscofitted3qx1.jpg

If you have a Gruppe M then forget it, it will definitely not fit with one due to it going behind the brake resovoirs.

Carl

Last edited by a moderator:
Cusco make some fine bits, fair play. From the looks of it sitting there, this may be one brace that would clear a Mugen airbox.

As Carl will know- i looked into getting one but i heard various members had problems getting it off Peter.

i waited and waited and eventually got a 2nd hand J's (still not fitted yet though :oops:- having problems removing the bolts! double :oops: )

Really really nice bit of kit and Carl got it at a very good price- wish he told me 2 weeks ago though lol

UPDATE........NOW FITTED

Fitted it this evening, took all of 15-20 mins in between having something to eat etc... :lol:

cuscofitted1ay3.jpg

cuscofitted2wn1.jpg

cuscofitted3qx1.jpg

If you have a Gruppe M then forget it, it will definitely not fit with one due to it going behind the brake resovoirs.

Carl

Very good 8)

The ultimate would still be the DC Sports Ti brace that I sold on.. damned you reservoirs!

aah well.. the Spoon ETD stops me from fitting braces now..

Time to smoke a fine Cuban import whilst admiring the handiwork there.. :D

Carl

Would definitely clear a Mugen seeing it fitted there. Nice to know for those who want to go down that route. Lost count the number of times I've seen people ask which brace clears a Mugen airbox without fouling it.

Back