• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

A bit of friendly advice needed...

I've managed to finally save enough to get my Milano-Pink EP3 either wrapped or Re-sprayed. I'm sure there's a million threads about this, but really wanted views from people who have actually had it done rather than just what people think. Is wrapping any good, or is paint the better option? I don't want to keep her Milano... I want a change of colour I think!? And this is where I need more help... Is there any "TypeR-etiquette" in regards to colour. Is it better to stick to red, black, silver or white? Or is a complete change of colour acceptable? I really like the Jordan Yellow or something completely different, like Bright Green. My favourite thoughts though so far are... Championship White with carbon bonnet, roof and tail!?

Hope I haven't bored you guys! It's just that, I've been saving for ages and I want to do the right thing!
ANY input will be greatly appreciated!

CF wrapping never looks like the real deal.

The best way to think about color is, it's your car so have whatever you like. Wrapping is easy to return to oe though

I had Carbon wrap on my DC5 when I got it. It's okay for small bits I think, but larger bits don't look so great IMO. Plus you need special cleaners and waxes for it, as the normal types of wax don't buff off too easily, as I found out.

Personally if you are going to go for a lary colour I would wrap it (if a Honda colour then get it painted), at least when you want to sell it can be removed if required. I've seen a few wrapped cars at various shows and it really needs to be done right otherwise the lines where it finishes are really obvious and looks rubbish.

Like Lottie said, make sure you're getting a good place to do the job as it can look awful if not done right. I'd personally go for a mental loud colour just to stand out. Match it to a refurb on the rims in a dark contrast colour and it will look great.

Yes Bonito, I've had it professionally mopped twice... Both people said, the paint is "knackered"! Thanks for all your thoughts guys! I keep thinking of different options but I keep coming back to Championship White. The reason I ask about the "TypeR-etiquette" is because I used to be a massive Mini fan and Coopers should only be in certain colours... My mrs bought a "New" Mini, which I'm not a fan of, and she got it in Purple! It just doesn't look like a Cooper!...

Have you thought about Pheonix Yellow, it's a little more orange than the Jordan Yellow, they did the EK9 and DC2 in this colour and it is superb looking.

NYA - That is really nice! A big fan of that!

Ed - I think... You might be on to something there! I don't really like "Brilliant White" cars... That's why I like Championship White. But the Ivory is very nice!! It's different but still JDM. Like it Ed!! Good work!

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked in to this a while back and a full strip and respray done well would cost more than the car is worth. Just keep in mind that you will not get that money back. If that does not bother you then go for what ever colour you like! It's your car, no ones opinion should be considered other than yours.

That said I do think if you are painting it then it should not be a standard colour, if that's what you was going for you could just buy another car and chop yours in.

to be a bit different if you was going for re spray, how about megane r26r luna grey?or bmw m3 laguna seca blue?maybe rs green?

Back