• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 A Few Questions About The FD2

Just a few things i want clearing up really.

1) Autocar quote 1250 kg as a kerb weight. If this is true thats amazing when you think how much other hot hatches weigh.

2) Being a Japanese car imported to Britain, will the speedo read in KM/H only and will the car be limited to 112 mph?

3) If you buy one brand new from Lichfields, would you get a 3 year warranty like you would if you bought a brand new FN2 in Britain?

4) What optional extras are there? What is standard?

Official specs are here:

http://www.honda.co.jp/CIVICTYPE-R/webcatalog/spec/

1) The kerb weight is 1270kg, 1250kg if you order it without aircon and HID. My friend weigh his car (aircon + HID) with half tank petrol and the scale reads 1250kg.

2) All JDM cars are speed limited to 180km/h. Speed cut has been done on one car succesfully using Apexi RSM but the speedo readout will max at 177km/h as this is the speed which the RSM will "hold" for the ECU to believe it is still below 180km/h.

Official specs are here:

http://www.honda.co.jp/CIVICTYPE-R/webcatalog/spec/

1) The kerb weight is 1270kg, 1250kg if you order it without aircon and HID. My friend weigh his car (aircon + HID) with half tank petrol and the scale reads 1250kg.

2) All JDM cars are speed limited to 180km/h. Speed cut has been done on one car succesfully using Apexi RSM but the speedo readout will max at 177km/h as this is the speed which the RSM will "hold" for the ECU to believe it is still below 180km/h.

That will confuse me like hell with a speedo reading in km/h:lol:

Can't you switch between km/h and mph like on the FN2?

The FD2's we import will be changed to read in KMH just the same way that the UK FN2 does - however im pressuming the flick switch for the kmh/mph is simply not available for the driver/user.

Instead the company that come and reset our ODO reading from kms to miles will manually flick the switch behind the clocks to convert it to mph.

But i guess we wont know for sure till we try it when the car arrives.

Hope this helps

andy;)

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as delimiting the car from 112mph to Max -as of yet im not sure how we will do this as its normally happens whe we wire the speedo chip in to the car which is not not required???

Andy

Went out in Iain Litchfields's demo today.

I'm quite simply shocked at the FD2.

It is a revelation in my opinion. Unfortunately didn't have a go but just being the passenger in a very long ride (twice :mrgreen:) I was left stunned each time. Iain was busy so his colleague Tim Hazell took for me a spirited ride. With it being a JDM car damping was very firm. Didn't find it as hard as my Scoob but it was defnitely more compliant and faster. Brakes were very strong as well.

Front end went where it was poined with minimul fuss but it was the back end that I was more surprised at. It just followed the front and refused to do anything else. Well, well planted. We were heading into some corners and carrying speed through some bends that I was honestly surprised at for a FWD car. Tim even made a point of going around a roundabout twice trying to upset the car and provoke the rear but it just stayed seated.

I don't get sh1tted up easy in a car but there were moments when I thought that maybe we had carried a bit too much speed yet the FD2 proved me wrong each time.

Speed wise at first I was disappointed, but then I had to remember that I have now become accustomed to the torque in my Scoob so tried hard to ignore it. With my Scoob is has an instant urgency of response thanks to way the Twin Scroll spools up that I expected to be there with the FD2, so once I retrained my thoughts it was well quick enough and looking at the way the figures were rising on the digital speedo confirmed that.

Honestly, this car is simply astounding for what it is and is by far the best FWD motor I have been in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess i'm just used to dealing with helpful Honda dealers and a nice 3 year warranty.

A Jap built Honda should in theory be even more reliable than a Swindon built one.

The Jap's are like German's when it comes to excelence and engineering.

Swindonians like Cider, their cousins and tractor pulling!

(Only kidding, i'm a Swindon Town FC fan and have many friends there)

Litchfield are offering 3 year unlimited mileage warranty with their fd2 imported cars :)

- Kevin.

hey guys

just been scrolling through this forum the car looks great IMO still prefer my ctr tho :p

but as for the question at start of topic about kerb weight that should be weight of car ready to drive i would of thought posibaly full tank o gas?

but i notice in motor bike mags they say dry weight 170kg but then u have to put all ur fluids in even suspension fluids then bike weight up to about 200kg

also i posted this question in other thread but what is the difference between all the engines in the type r's and the s2000 and how have the japs got 20bhp more than i do?

nice thread and great car defo engineering at its best from them clever japs

Hello mate, same engines in the JDM CTR and S2000, just tweaked to have a higher output. They always have one over on us. They seem to have something about making 220bhp engines!

Not sure about the weights thing though

meant same engine in both CTR models (UK & JDM) and same engine in S2000 models, not same engine in both the CTR and S2000!

Or am I still wrong:confused:

Back