• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

A Good Deal?

As I'm going to be buying a DC5 soon (or maybe a FD2) I've been endlessly searching around the insurance market for good prices. Tried a few who wont give me a quote unless I call them, these are the usual ones such as Norwich Union, Tesco etc, but I cant be bothered to try as I already know the answer due to my young age.

Anyways here are my details. 23 Male with 3 years NCD and No convictions.

I finally get a pretty decent quote by Sky Insurance which was £1550 fully comp with £450 Excess, Courtasy car, 90 days European cover and the usual £60 windscreen excess and legal blah blah blah cover.

The DC5 has no modifications. So Im not sure if this would count as cheap or expensive to you guys? What are your views on this quote? Are there any other 23 year olds who own a DC5 with or without mods that pay the same or close enough to this quote?

Also another question. Is there any chance in hell that I will get any quote for a FD2?

As I'm going to be buying a DC5 soon (or maybe a FD2) I've been endlessly searching around the insurance market for good prices. Tried a few who wont give me a quote unless I call them, these are the usual ones such as Norwich Union, Tesco etc, but I cant be bothered to try as I already know the answer due to my young age.

Anyways here are my details. 23 Male with 3 years NCD and No convictions.

I finally get a pretty decent quote by Sky Insurance which was £1550 fully comp with £450 Excess, Courtasy car, 90 days European cover and the usual £60 windscreen excess and legal blah blah blah cover.

The DC5 has no modifications. So Im not sure if this would count as cheap or expensive to you guys? What are your views on this quote? Are there any other 23 year olds who own a DC5 with or without mods that pay the same or close enough to this quote?

Also another question. Is there any chance in hell that I will get any quote for a FD2?

Bell is your friend. 10month accelerator option too.

Seems a bit pricey to me but depends on your post code I suppose. I'm £899 through Adrian Flux. I'm 22, got 6 points and 3 years no claims, mods are also covered. Excess is £450 if IIRC. But I do have a good post code as far as insurance is concerned.

Seems a bit pricey to me but depends on your post code I suppose. I'm £899 through Adrian Flux. I'm 22, got 6 points and 3 years no claims, mods are also covered. Excess is £450 if IIRC. But I do have a good post code as far as insurance is concerned.

Well Aberdeen is a much nicer place than Middlesbrough! Middlesbrough was voted one of the worsts places to live in the whole of UK, thanks to crime and drugs. Damn those Chavs.

Also did Adrian Flux ask about your previous cars that you drove? Some companies asked me and when I told them I've only driven a Hyundia getz (go on laugh it out) they said "nope cant insure you" Maybe they thought it was too much of a big change in BHP and other stuff like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah they did ask, I had a CTR before so that helped a bit.

I'm not even in Aberdeen, I'm another 30 odd miles further north in the sticks so it all helps.

If you really want the car I guess you've got to just bite the bullet and go for it.

Well I'm stuck between two cars atm. The DC5 or the FD2. However after searching for insurance for the DC5....I'm having doubts that I wont find anyone that will insure me for the FD2

Your quotes sound steep to me. I'm pretty sure Jermal paid around 700 for his relatively heavily modded DC5.

I think he's 24.

Maybe drop him a PM.

Your quotes sound steep to me. I'm pretty sure Jermal paid around 700 for his relatively heavily modded DC5.

I think he's 24.

Maybe drop him a PM.

But he could have more NCD and the area he lives in maybe much better than mine? Also I think he is with Noel Dazely if I didnt read wrong?

I'll drop him a pm anyways. Thanks :)

Get a DC2, still get bum blasted on insurance but save loads on the car. Plenty of time to get a DC5 and I reckon a SC2 would be an absolute blast. Voted best FWD car ever by performance car.

Can you tell I'm having seriously bad DC2 cravings? :rolleyes:

Get a DC2, still get bum blasted on insurance but save loads on the car. Plenty of time to get a DC5 and I reckon a SC2 would be an absolute blast. Voted best FWD car ever by performance car.

Can you tell I'm having seriously bad DC2 cravings? :rolleyes:

Haha yeah. But the DC2 doesnt do it for me as the DC5 and FD2 do. Ever since I seen one in Hong Kong racing with my friend I've been in love with it.

If you can afford an fd2 then you can afford the insurance, I say suck it up. Pay the money, drive safe, get through the next two years accident free then when you hit 25 bamb it will drop my a bucket load. Good luck mate, it's a nightmare. Waiting to get my first no claims bonus back after my crash last year bring on august!!!

But he could have more NCD and the area he lives in maybe much better than mine? Also I think he is with Noel Dazely if I didnt read wrong?

I'll drop him a pm anyways. Thanks :)

At the time of insuring my car, I had 4 years NCB and a clean licence.

Noel Dazely have been outstanding with me, however the company I'm actually with (Highway) said they don't usually insure imports but they would make an exception as I was an exisitng customer.

FYI, nobody got anywhere close to the quote I was given by Noel Dazely. Sky was about 500 notes more. :eek:

Also I'm sure you know this but adding your mum to your policy can lower it as well. Unless she's a known joyrider!!! Just a thought

Also I'm sure you know this but adding your mum to your policy can lower it as well. Unless she's a known joyrider!!! Just a thought

Usually, yes an older more experienced driver brings the premium down. I've had my dad on my policy for years for this reason.

Sky wouldn't take any money off when I added him to my new policy though.

Usually, yes an older more experienced driver brings the premium down. I've had my dad on my policy for years for this reason.

Sky wouldn't take any money off when I added him to my new policy though.

My girlfirend had the same effect on my premium as my mother (not the same person before you start), so age doesn't always play a factor. As long as it looks like you're not a traffic light racer in the eyes of the insurance company (i.e. adding a female to the policy) your premium should drop.

Back