• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

A response to my other thread... (UPDATE)

After having this thread locked because of pointless bickering, I just thought I'd let those who care know that the fault is a loose solder joint and is being sent back to the electronics company that does both CPL and TDi's KPRO conversions.

So the people who flamed TDi North without knowing the facts are way off the mark seeing as they both use the same company ;)

Glad to hear that it is sorted matey!!
Hoping to get mine done before the end of the year so good to know the outcome of your problem.
AC :)

Re: A response to my other thread...

Ultim8_Evil said:
After having this thread locked because of pointless bickering, I just thought I'd let those who care know that the fault is a loose solder joint and is being sent back to the electronics company that does both CPL and TDi's KPRO conversions.

So the people who flamed TDi North without knowing the facts are way off the mark seeing as they both use the same company ;)

i was going to say before the post was locked that the ECU's get sent to guy anyway IIRC as the electronics firm is right near guys garage

Re: A response to my other thread...

Ultim8_Evil said:

Good to see the problem is being sorted fella. I'm startled by the comments on the other thread, but not so by the fool who made them.

Seems like the company who do the KPRO conversion (NOT TDI NORTH) are saying my ECU is fried and I'm going to need another one :(

They've unsoldered it all and tried a new KPRO unit on it and it still won't have it.

Off to TDi North on monday afternoon for a new ECU, new KPRO and key recode at a Warrington Honda Dealership.

At least one good thing can be taken from the whole experience... I can get to TDi North now with Sat-Nav switched off and my eyes closed :lol:

Do you have to pay for the replacement and key coding?? I presume the ECU worked fine before?? :|

No, everything is being sorted by Paul thankfully.

We've pretty much ruled out anything at my end as I've been driving round with the slave KPRO ecu for weeks with no problems. If there was anything to do with my car that could have wrecked the ecu, it would also have wrecked the slave one.

Everything was spot on and had ben for 13,000 mils until KPRO was fitted, then it went wrong. Pretty much puts the ball in their (KPRO fitters, not TDi) court as far as I'm concerned.

Pauls work is top notch, he takes his time and looks after your car.

So far i havent heard of any car screwing up in the hands of TDI North unlike some other tuners!

Quick question.

when the K-Pro`s are done at the Electronic Engineer that you speak off, and yer its Guy who sorts it all, basically Paul orderes the Hondata KPros from Paul, and Paul has a loan ecu etc etc he loans out to people whay this connversion is being carried out ?

when the ECU gets back, to Paul does he not then test this on a test bench ? I know that these are available as Guy has one at CPL, All Paul would need to do is to plug in the ECU and check that all is working fine and then fit it to the car, unless something went wrong in fitting eg at TDI then there aint nothing else that can go wrong..........................

Yer the board can be soldered faulty or have a faulty board after all its electronics anything can go wrong, but if its tested at Pauls end and proved to be working then cant see the problem.

Deffinately saves customers, travelling backwards and forwards to TDI as in this case, if they are tested before hand

Peter Pan said:
Quick question.

when the K-Pro`s are done at the Electronic Engineer that you speak off, and yer its Guy who sorts it all, basically Paul orderes the Hondata KPros from Paul, and Paul has a loan ecu etc etc he loans out to people whay this connversion is being carried out ?

when the ECU gets back, to Paul does he not then test this on a test bench ? I know that these are available as Guy has one at CPL, All Paul would need to do is to plug in the ECU and check that all is working fine and then fit it to the car, unless something went wrong in fitting eg at TDI then there aint nothing else that can go wrong..........................

Yer the board can be soldered faulty or have a faulty board after all its electronics anything can go wrong, but if its tested at Pauls end and proved to be working then cant see the problem.

Deffinately saves customers, travelling backwards and forwards to TDI as in this case, if they are tested before hand

The units are all handled by CPL, electronic work carried out by CPL's agent, tested by them for correct operation then returned.

Why would it need to be tested again on a test rig? To make sure it was done properly by CPL in the first place?

If your phone is sent away for repair, it comes back with a test report and invoice with work carried out. You dont then immediately run your own test on it on a rig to check full functionality do you.....you just turn it on.

Seems like a weak attempt to try and apportion blame to me fella. :p

Hmm it would seem to me then that if there are issues with the work on the ecu, that it may be time to change the company soldering in the board to the unit? Just wondering.

Again it also seems to me that this is one of those things that could and should be easy to sort. Instead of people turning the issue into ANOTHER inter tuner bitch.

Whoever is doing the work. Perhaps people should worry less about apportioning blame and jumping to conclusions and speak to the people doing/responsible for the work to get them to sort it oot :D

An update gents,
CPL tested the ecu, TDi North tested the ecu both successfully, the car left ourselves and then developed a fault, once the customer reported the fault we checked ourselves and then asked CPL to test the ecu as well, all of us seen the same issue.
This is the first issue we have had with an ecu and Hondata suggested the program may have become corrupt due to possibly a power supply issue.
I would like to thank the customer for being patient and also CPL and Hondata for testing and advice.

On a personal note its a shame people try to stir up trouble between tuners as we try and work to give the customer the best options.
There maybe rivalry between tuners, but some of the comments posted, do little to help customers.

RPM said:
An update gents,
CPL tested the ecu, TDi North tested the ecu both successfully, the car left ourselves and then developed a fault, once the customer reported the fault we checked ourselves and then asked CPL to test the ecu as well, all of us seen the same issue.
This is the first issue we have had with an ecu and Hondata suggested the program may have become corrupt due to possibly a power supply issue.
I would like to thank the customer for being patient and also CPL and Hondata for testing and advice.

On a personal note its a shame people try to stir up trouble between tuners as we try and work to give the customer the best options.
There maybe rivalry between tuners, but some of the comments posted, do little to help customers.

very diplomatic :)

Indeed, but also well said. And let that be the end of the matter.

Back