• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

A standard EP3.

Seriously clean car mate, you've done a fantastic job tidying it up! What did you use for the headlights? Mine are looking even worse than that!

Thanks for the positive comments guys!

Awesome. OEM FTW.

What are you using on the headlights in that pic mate? They came out well!

Seriously clean car mate, you've done a fantastic job tidying it up! What did you use for the headlights? Mine are looking even worse than that!

I renovated the headlights by wet sanding them. I started with a 600 grit, then up to 800, 1200, 1500 and I think I finished with a 2000. Making sure I was even and consistent throughout the rubbing down process. I then went over them with a dual-action machine polisher (rotary would have been better), and Meguiars #83 polish. I then actually used toothpaste and a cloth to finalise the lens, and they came up beautiful! Didn't take long, a couple of hours if I recall, and it makes a world of difference.

great work :) I renovated my the headlights by wet sanding them with 800, 1000, 1200, 1500, 2000, 2500 then polish it with makita 9227CB and menzerna FG500, 3M yellow and 3M blue paste :p

I checked the front engine mount this afternoon as I wanted to confirm that it was broken - it is!

IMG-20121210-WA0001_zpsdcb1de32.jpg

Not a rare thing by any means, but still a pain because I'd rather keep £100 :lol:. As you can see, I slotted the screwdriver in the split. Considering ESMMs while I'm at it replacing the OE item. The extra vibration is something that I'm concerned about though. I read that a KPro set and idle increase can stop it, but I don't have those things.

And here's a recent picture from a little spin locally. Gloomy wet and cold day!

DSC_0207_zps6db79bb8.jpg

Just a drop in, for my updates to drop, if anyone is interested, ha!

I fitted a new Honda mount but added the ESMMs in the logic that the chances of one breaking again, are at least significantly reduced

20121213_142424_zps25de9469.jpg

Also I fitted new bottom ball joints, track rod ends, drop links and rebushed the front control arms.

DSC_0259_zpsa97b2152.jpg

Winter came, and then I thought it went... but it's back again, as we're all feeling.

select_zps232a4cd6.jpg

DSC_0373chosen1_zps6b751c0f.jpg

The front left Hankook V12 developed a puncture as they were both approaching the end of their life. I didn't like them anyway, so it was my chance to fit 2 new RE050As, and the car now has 4 matching.

20130129_152628_zps2ca2cbc4.jpg

20130129_171218_zps5fa3cecf.jpg

I then fitted some LEDs on the rear plate, as one of the bulbs started to play up.

ksdjg_zpsae9da0b2.jpg

And then a couple of pictures from the last month of driving.

photo-6_zps01ee41d1.jpg

These two from today.

DSC_0216edit_zpsa1e0460e.jpg

DSC_0210edit_zps2ec709d1.jpg

To sum the car up, it just doesn't give any kind of trouble at all. A few weeks ago I thought I perhaps had a TPS issue, as the idle was a bit off on 2 cold days, and there was some poor 'pick up' from idle speed in gear. But now I think it was a bit of moisture ingress after washing the inlet manifold a touch. We have considered changing the EP3, but I think it's too good to get rid of, for what it gets used for. It's a great all rounder.

Thanks for the comments guys. I do like the car, so I'm prepared to put in some kind of effort to keep it looking and driving as it should. MOT is coming up soon, but I don't think there will be any issues, *touch wood*.

The only thing that lets the car down mechanically now, are the rear discs - they look slightly poor. No doubt they're the original and thus well worn, so I'm thinking of putting StopTech grooved discs on, all round. It's very shallow of me, but I like the aesthetic quality of the grooves. I am tempted by DS2500 pads also, but I'm not sure due to not knowing how much dust they throw up. I don't want to repaint the side of the car with brake dust! But then I think it might be unnecessary because this car isn't the 'occasion' vehicle, it's just the everyday car. And again for this reason, I do then think that the grooved StopTechs are a waste of money, and that the OE Honda items would easily suffice.

Whereabouts are you based? You live in a very scenic area.

With regards to the discs, the rears only do around 20% of the braking on a CTR. Unless you're massively upgrading the whole braking system, OEM is more than adequate on the rears.

I have OEM discs all round, OEM rear pads and DS2500's on the front. That along with braided lines and decent fluid provides some serious stopping power, more than enough for every day driving.

I'll ask for some advice while I'm online then.

I want to refurbish the calipers, purely as a matter of course. They're not sticking yet, but after changing the pads previously, I did see that they've seen better days.

I'm thinking of buying these rebuild kits.

Rear.

Front.

I probably will get them, but if anyone knows of a reason why I shouldn't, then post up. I did consider the Honda rebuild kit from Hendy Performance, but it doesn't come with a piston. Something that I'd just prefer to have, because then I know it'll be fresh.

I live in South West Wales, and I try not to take it for granted, especially with the roads I have.

Thanks!

Ah, headlights... Something I'm doing this weekend! Did you just use 800 grit and then buff it up with something like Megs PlastX?

Lovely looking car btw, weather pending this weekend I aim to have mine in a similar condition.

Ah, headlights... Something I'm doing this weekend! Did you just use 800 grit and then buff it up with something like Megs PlastX?

Lovely looking car btw, weather pending this weekend I aim to have mine in a similar condition.

Copied from an earlier post.

I renovated the headlights by wet sanding them. I started with a 600 grit, then up to 800, 1200, 1500 and I think I finished with a 2000. Making sure I was even and consistent throughout the rubbing down process. I then went over them with a dual-action machine polisher (rotary would have been better), and Meguiars #83 polish. I then actually used toothpaste and a cloth to finalise the lens, and they came up beautiful! Didn't take long, a couple of hours if I recall, and it makes a world of difference.

Back