• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

Just dropped the wife at work, but as she opened the door the locking mechanism locked !
Its is now stuck and im unable to shut the passenger door.
Managed to get car home while holding the door shut [dont ask], but now in the s**t as
1; i need to get to work,
2; the car is not secure and
3; what the hell is wrong with it and is it an easy fix ?

I'm sorry if this is a REALLY stupid answer but I think disconnecting the battery for half an hour does some kind of reset? You have probably tried that by now....hope you get it sorted

I think it may be weather related, oddly enough my door actuator on the drivers side would not work for a period of time, but now it has fixed itself.

I'm sorry if this is a REALLY stupid answer but I think disconnecting the battery for half an hour does some kind of reset? You have probably tried that by now....hope you get it sorted

Not done anything yet as im now manically rushing around organising to get my daughter to school and phone local garage etc.

Cheers for the tip, will speak to my local garage first before doing anything.

I think it may be weather related, oddly enough my door actuator on the drivers side would not work for a period of time, but now it has fixed itself.
Yea it does seem as if it could be weather related.

But when the wife went to open the door [from the inside], the lever seemed to stick, the door opened ok, but then as i checked it after, the lever felt loose as if something has come away from the locking mech ????

My EP3 sort of did this to me on the driver's side.

The door wouldn't click shut so I locked it shut with me inside to see if that would sort the mechanism out and if not at least it would be shut and I could climb out the passenger side. Only trouble was everytime I unlocked the passenger door, the central locking locked all the doors immediately so I was trapped in the car.

Started to drive to the dealers 8 miles away, thinking they'll know what to do. 2 miles from the dealers, massive clunk from inside the door and everything was back to normal.

It was -5C on the dash. I've always put it down to the mechanism being frozen up and it thawed out with the heaters. It never did it again.

Back