• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Abbey Motorsport

I think they are pricey from memory, I am sure Fire_2 has his EP3 mapped there.

G had his charged EP3 mapped there IIRC.

Dan who mapped spencers motor left a long time back.

After speaking to every other tuner that knows the K20 and GM in the uk, they have all said along the lines of "why was the scoop not fitted? It comes with it for a reason and its the only way it gets a source of cold air/ram air, its the biggest and most vital part of the design, its most likely where you losing so much bhp and torque in the mid-range cause its struggling to breath" Tom at TGM also said "Its wierd and odd why Romain said it wont make a difference without the scoop"

And it will be getting its last chance/hurrah on Friday afternoon at Eurospec to impress me, before deal will be done on the for sale section to free up some funds for a new/used seibon/mugen carbon spoiler

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm more of the opinion that the ram-air effect of the GruppeM is trivial compared to the actual suction of air and where this sucked air is coming from. The fact AEM v2 is so close to (or the same as, haven't compared too many dyno runs etc) to GruppeM, when AEM is just a filter with no ram-air benefit, kinda proves that the ram-air part of the GruppeM isn't that big a deal.

That's not to say it doesn't necessarily do *something*, just that you'd need to be going a fair whack for it to make a noticeable difference imo.

(GruppeM owner btw)

I know what your saying but if you removed the scoop to the GM and look at where the lip of the intake is... there is no feed of air whatsoever, its just trying to suck what it can below the bonnet and what air hits the windscreen and go over the car.

After speaking to every other tuner that knows the K20 and GM in the uk, they have all said along the lines of "why was the scoop not fitted? It comes with it for a reason and its the only way it gets a source of cold air/ram air, its the biggest and most vital part of the design, its most likely where you losing so much bhp and torque in the mid-range cause its struggling to breath" Tom at TGM also said "Its wierd and odd why Romain said it wont make a difference without the scoop"

And it will be getting its last chance/hurrah on Friday afternoon at Eurospec to impress me, before deal will be done on the for sale section to free up some funds for a new/used seibon/mugen carbon spoiler

When I told you that Chi, it was just because I tried on differents cars (DC5 and EP3) the scoop being quite easy to remove. The scoop doesnt change the air velocity, thats why it doesnt make that much of a difference

We are fixed now anyway, your car struggles to breath in the middle range with the GruppeM,, with or without the scoop the graph is exactly the same (actually a bit lower on high rev with the scoop on) ;)

Yep, I know we tried everything...But in short at least we tried and we know now for my car. Thanks again anyway. I'll be seeing you guys soon, im sure of it! ;)

Back