• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Accord Type R opinions

Hey guys,

I'm currently entertaining the idea of buying an accord type r over my original idea of an ek9 as they are much cheaper to buy and more importantly as i am quite young (20) much cheaper to insure. I was hoping that you accord type r owners out there could give me a kind of review about them like how do they handle? whats the fuel economy like? Do they have any problems? etc.

All inputs are welcome guys!!

Thanks

I really like mine mate. They handle really well and there's lots of grip, even in the wet yet they are very comfortable on long drives. Mine gets around 240 ish from a full tank with mixed driving. My main gripe about it is the long gearing, you really have to rev it all the way to the limiter before you change gear otherwise you find yourself dropping out of VTEC.

Common problems are the 5th gear crunch and EGR valve's also go. I'm sure there's more, an ATR guru will clarify shortly I bet.

Handles and goes well, bit wobbly on bends and gearing is far too long for me. IMO

Yeah, I've had a read of the buyers guide and so far, going by looks alone, i'm thinking red pre facelift. If i can find find one that has had the 5th gear synchro fixed

Back