• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

actually a jdm?

I can't notice the difference between the climate control on my DC5 and the aircon on my EP3. Bot are just bloody cold.

Isn't the best way to go have a look at the thing with someone who knows jdm ep3s?

Think the only way to be 99% sure its not a replica is to see whats underneath the white paint but there's no way you can check this really. ;)

Other things to note, LSD, more power, chassis number - doesn't it refer to engine code?, electric folding mirrors (may be option), header, search the reg # - may show that its an import also, CPL worked on it - if they have tuned the car I'm sure they'd know if its jdm.

Can you not just ask the guy if he has his import documents? If he hasn't then i would say it seems a bit suspect that the owner wouldn't keep them?

Other things to note, LSD, more power, chassis number - doesn't it refer to engine code?, electric folding mirrors (may be option), header, search the reg # - may show that its an import also, CPL worked on it - if they have tuned the car I'm sure they'd know if its jdm.

This is all you need.

The side repeaters are added for an sva test, no jdm type r ep3's came with side repeaters.

It should have a fog light added either seperate of into the rear tail light, easy to spot the wiring.

Clocks should read 180, not 160. Also will not had the red led immobiliser light.

Centre console stereo fascia will had a proper double din fitment, not the slanted single din like uk cars.

Climate control with numbers in degree's celsius.

Folding mirrors as someone said.

Japanese writing under the sun visors :lol:

Steering wheel will say momo on it, pretty sure uk cars do not.

Could go on...

Easiest way is to look at the front of the registration document, should say previously registered overseas.

Looks real to me, there's no model report available for the facelift, but considering some cars are imported and registered which would never pass an sva in a million years, it is possible.

just checked reg + chassis number ITS UK DM - looks like its got bits from all sorts of cars, premier seats - premier bumper

well just one more thing...does the VIN plate list the paint code aswell?

a simple HPI or mycarcheck.com would show if there was a colour change in the UK (if it was declared that is)....being a UKDM car.

Its funny how he doesn't even mention LSD in the listing!

Last edited by a moderator:
are there any red JDM models? girlfriend saw one which the advert said it was JDM but i wasn't sure.

Back