• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Advice finding a car I've been a fan of for years

Hi again,

Yes by all means give us a call on the club Freephone number - 0800 916 1288 - and advise them of the likely scenario. I'd definitely get the EP3 quote as well so you know what likely costs will be.

Many thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan, I got previous quotes from around 10 main brand insurance companies. You was actually more than double most Hi street insurance companies. Including RAC, HALIFAX, BARCLAYS. :confused: No idea why you guys was £1400 and everyone else was around the £700 had some as low as 600-650.

If you could pm me I'd be interested why you guys was so high for me. Im 36 no points, conviction, or motoring offences, live in a lowish crime area, and have 2 years NCB.

A 2004 CG has just come up on eBay for £2600, in Cannock.

Went to see it, lad seemed ok. Was going to have the car and leave him few hundred quid deposit. Something told me something wasnt quite right with the car. Got home HPIed it, insurance write-off in 2010. Another weekend wasted :(

That's a pain. It is good to have checks in place, worked out for the best even if it wasted your time. Good luck in your search.

Went to see it, lad seemed ok. Was going to have the car and leave him few hundred quid deposit. Something told me something wasnt quite right with the car. Got home HPIed it, insurance write-off in 2010. Another weekend wasted :(

Keep looking buddy, the little gems are out there, you just ned to find one. Once you have ot and everything is fine youll be glad you did.

Check today's posts on here, a chap is about to get rid of his, forum member and sounds like a nice example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice unmodded and mint condition Cosmic Grey (2005) for £3,999 or offers. Done 106k. On ebay

Cheers seen that one mate, But its nearly 3 hours away. If I'm going to do that Kinda distance, I'd take the lads off here. At the moment it looks like I've got a major long drive Sunday to see the forum members car. If is not as stated after driving those kinda miles I'm going to cry. Or have to give up on the idea of a EP3. :(

Cheers seen that one mate, But its nearly 3 hours away. If I'm going to do that Kinda distance, I'd take the lads off here. At the moment it looks like I've got a major long drive Sunday to see the forum members car. If is not as stated after driving those kinda miles I'm going to cry. Or have to give up on the idea of a EP3. :(

You'll get the right one, don't give up!

Pah, you have to expect to travel for the right car. I went all of 600 yards to view mine :D
Yer I do expect it 2 hours would be ideal but anything decent seems 4hours away LOL. Plus my friends going to have to drive it back. If I could just drive back from where it is it wouldn't be such any issue. I'd happily drive a type R back for 4 hours.

I might be selling mine although not in any rush to sell, might be over budget after reading through all pages

Back