• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CH1 Advice on decent tyres for the ATR

Hi i have a ATR on a V plate with standard suspension and tyres, however the previous owner has got some shadey re-moulds on it and was wondering if anyone could suggest a decent tyre nothing mentally expensive ?

Cheers :?:

Bridgestone RE010 is considered to be a good all round tyre for the ATR, after all it's what they came with :wink:

Goodyear F1's GSD3 are quite good. I've got them all round at the moment but will be trying out someting else next time.

TJ - what are the RE010's like for grip in damp conditions? I knwo the RE040 are pretty poor :(

I would'nt say they are great in the wet/damp, but they are alot better than RE040's, they are shocking in the wet :eek:

TJ said:
RE040's, they are shocking in the wet :eek:

I know mate :shock: Me at Croft in Sept this year. had about 3mm of tread on the fronts. The ABS had a hard day as did my nerves :lol: :lol:
CroftTrackday2-9-06035.jpg

I bet, first time i drove a CTR in the wet, i had a trouser moment :twisted: :lol:

im warming to the Toyos now. i hated them but at Brands last week once they got hot (with a high psi) then they were pretty good.

I'm tempted by T1-R as they do come int he right size for the ATR, but what is a good tyre on one car (CTR) doesn't mean it will be good on another (ATR)?

Only way is suck it an see

I've had eagle GSD3's and RE010's - the GSD3's are very good in the wet and OK in the dry and the RE010's are the opposite very good in the dry and OK in the wet.

Back