• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Advice on door speakers please.

Had a quick look but cant find anything to help me. Basically I am a complete turd with Stereos and speakers etc, its something that has never really bothered me...

Until now, due to weight saving, the only 2 speakers in my car are the door speakers, and once I get to a certain volume, not really loud, they start to distort and sound terrible.

My question is, are there any relatively cheap, better quality speakers out there, that are a direct fit without faffing about?

I have Hertz front and rear speakers, pretty good. Not sure of the sizes TBH, I needed the MDF spacers for the fronts though.

I've put 6.5" speakers in mine, as do most people. Get some MDF baffles from ebay like these to mount them on. You will need slim fit speakers otherwise the back will get in the way of the window when it is down, look for something with a mounting depth of less than 60mm. Also when fitting the baffles don't mount them too low in the door or you'll have difficulty putting the door card back on.

Back