• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

advice

Dont bother with open cone filters that sit in the engine bay. These will sounds good but lose you power.

I would keep the stock airbox with a drop in or go for a closed type filter like a BMC CDA, ITG Maxgem or Gruppe m

Honestly mate, save and get a Gruppe 'M induction kit.

Most will agree with that.

Hope this helps.:)

Honestly mate, save and get a Gruppe 'M induction kit.

Most will agree with that.

Hope this helps.:)

Have to agree there, i had a aem v2 and while it sounded :twisted: power did suffer a bit when hot.

I then sold it and brought a OEM air box(aem came with the car) and the power with this was not very good tbh (no kick in vtec).

Then came the gruppe m and wow what a differance. There is a much more noticeable power increase and sounds just as :twisted: as the aem v2 and is worth all the money you pay for it.

i had this prob a couple of weeks ago fella, had a K&N typhoon filter (came with car) went down to torque developments, had a chat with the guys down there and left with the AEM longreach kit (sits in the front bumper), i choose this down to 1 main reason its one of the only filters that can remain on the car when SC, was tempted to go down the ARC route like G. :twisted:

I had an AEM V2 and a Gruppe M

all things considered, if I was modding again I would just buy a good quality drop in filter and do the hondata mod. The Gruppe M is very good but IMHO not up to the hype or without problems.

The money saved can be put towards something else like an exhaust, manifiold or in the piggy bank for kpro

how much it a Gruppe 'M induction kit??

where do you recommend i get one from??

do they ever come up for sale on here??

1000 Questions i know soz!

Cheers Fuller

there around the £500 mark but theres a post in the forum (if it didnt get deleted in the crash) abut a guy who works for the in japan and gets them for ariund the £300 mark i think, someone correct me if im wrong

I lost an engine thanks to an AEM CAI and water, unavoidable unfortunately. And once repaired I eventually got fed up of having to avoid flooding in my area. There is a lot of water around at the moment. As most have noticed.

So never again for me, a filter that sits in the front wing.

My choice is ARC, as it is superb quality, better than gruppm in that respect, and seems to perform very well indeed, much better than I thought it would to be honest. Oh and it is a bit cheaper too.

If cash is an issue then yes, the Hondata mod and a decent drop in filter ftw.

how much it a Gruppe 'M induction kit??

where do you recommend i get one from??

do they ever come up for sale on here??

1000 Questions i know soz!

Cheers Fuller

Not sure if they still make them? I don't think they do for the S2K anymore and when they did they were over a grand.

I'd go for the AEM CAI :twisted: best all rounder. Just don't drive like a helmet through big puddles and you will be fine.

I had an AEM V2 and a Gruppe M

all things considered, if I was modding again I would just buy a good quality drop in filter and do the hondata mod. The Gruppe M is very good but IMHO not up to the hype or without problems.

The money saved can be put towards something else like an exhaust, manifiold or in the piggy bank for kpro

:eek:

I've had 2 now, one on the EP3 and one on the DC5.

And when the FD2 comes along guess what!!

The logical design makes them win hands down......remember, they will make better gains in real life then they do on the dyno.

Just my 10p:)

GruppeM or a J's (from the pics I think Jermal put up) look like the best 2 sealed systems you could get that would do away with the fear of puddles.

ATM, I have the standard system. I would like the j's system, but it's about the same price as the GruppeM

:eek:

I've had 2 now, one on the EP3 and one on the DC5.

And when the FD2 comes along guess what!!

The logical design makes them win hands down......remember, they will make better gains in real life then they do on the dyno.

Just my 10p:)

I do wish I had run the ARC with the Buddy Club for a bit first to get a better comparison as to how it performs compared to the AEM. As I changed the exhaust at the same time and I am unsure of course how much the improvements were down to the exhaust, ARC or a bit of both.

Of course I changed the induction for other reasons than performance. If I did not loose any power I was gonna be happy.

Either way, and dyno notwithstanding, the car, on the road, drives a LOT better. Quicker, revs more freely, especially at the top end. So thumbs up. Oh and as a little Brucey it is a dodle to get to the filters to clean.

Also as a further we point, I wonder how much difference to the performance having the vent in the bonnet? I am pretty sure if I did not have it, the ARC would not work as well as I must be getting a lot of air flow through there and as the hot air rises the cold air over the bonnet would I am sure suck a lot of heat out.

Back