• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

advice

Also as a further we point, I wonder how much difference to the performance having the vent in the bonnet? I am pretty sure if I did not have it, the ARC would not work as well as I must be getting a lot of air flow through there and as the hot air rises the cold air over the bonnet would I am sure suck a lot of heat out.

A lot I would say G, as we all know cold air is the key and the GM get copious amounts straight from outside with little or no influences from the warm air inside.....when you are rolling that is.. As with the J's and to a degree your ARC with the bonnet vents.

All open cones suck, due to no air flow or putting them in a ridiculous place i.e 1 foot of the floor near a wheel:rolleyes:

right ive new on here and this will prob show that lol BUT whats the difference between the AEM SHORT AND LONG KIT, where they sit in the engine bay?

and is it worth getting the long arm kit and not the short. vice virsa

right ive new on here and this will prob show that lol BUT whats the difference between the AEM SHORT AND LONG KIT, where they sit in the engine bay?

Yeah the long one sits behind the front wheel arch to get a better cold air feed, the short just sits in the bay and suck's up warm stuff all day.

HTH

You want to go for the Long mate, which is the V1. Better gains as it draws cold air better. :twisted:

You want to go for the Long mate, which is the V1. Better gains as it draws cold air better. :twisted:

THAT USED TO RAOR MARTY!!! :twisted:

Yeh you had the V1 right................?!

whats the new V2 like tho ya know NORTS?!

THAT USED TO RAOR MARTY!!! :twisted:

Yeh you had the V1 right................?!

whats the new V2 like tho ya know NORTS?!

More like what i've got in the S2K, seats closer to the engine. More for noise than real performance gain. May suffer from heatsoak??

HEATSOAK :eek:
**** that then PSML!!

AEM CAI V1 LONG ARM it will be!!

So any 1 want 2 sell me one........................:smt047

If I had the spare cash and could get away with it, I would go for the Gruppe M or the Newer J's kit. Closed CAI kits make more sense for power gains and are also a lot less of a worry than an open filter that is suscetible to flooding.

If I had the spare cash and could get away with it, I would go for the Gruppe M or the Newer J's kit. Closed CAI kits make more sense for power gains and are also a lot less of a worry than an open filter that is suscetible to flooding.

M8 you got a link to a site that sells the GRUPPE M and the newer J's kit?? ive not seen it the J's kit

I wonder how much difference to the performance having the vent in the bonnet? I am pretty sure if I did not have it, the ARC would not work as well as I must be getting a lot of air flow through there and as the hot air rises the cold air over the bonnet would I am sure suck a lot of heat out.

Used the search button this was the closest i could find.

Further to G's point above i have the AEM v2 and i have read lots of posts talking about heatsoak on sunny days or when stuck in traffic. As some of you may know i have also recently purchased a new bonnet with vents in either side (the vent on the AEM v2 side is just in front of the AEM v2 but not close enough to get wet when it rains) will this solve all issues regarding heatsoak? or just help it a little?

It'll help a little but the filter is still very close to the exhaust manifold which is one of the hottest area's of the engine bay.

Back