• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

AEM CAI 'Hydro-locking' - engine side effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never experienced a surprise puddle so I can only go off my own experience. Always drive with care in the wet & on the road in general really.

I guess that comes from being repeatedly hit by other people.

Some mixed responses here, as always. For a prospective buyer then.. the AEM is a really nice intake, but comes with risks, and if you can afford it, go for the GruppeM.

As I'm looking to buy in the next few months it made for a good read.

Last edited by a moderator:
FFS.

Take the dam thing off, it's only giving you noise anyway.

Get a filter that doesn't suck up lakes and kittens given half that chance and don't power boat your EP3.

Lock thread.

Done.

Just to add I have an AEM on the ATR because it came with one & there isn't really much choice otherwise.

I had an official GruppeM on my DC5 & I would go for one again (or a copy) over an AEM etc.

The only thing that makes me panic sometimes using the GM is if a lorry hits a huge puddle coming the opposite lane and you've got to go through that wall of water.... now that makes me s**t myself just thinking about it!!!!

The only thing that makes me panic sometimes using the GM is if a lorry hits a huge puddle coming the opposite lane and you've got to go through that wall of water.... now that makes me s**t myself just thinking about it!!!!

Gruppe 'M designed it with drain hole for such occasions.

Gruppe 'M designed it with drain hole for such occasions.

Agree. IMO one of the best intakes out there I've got one these babies, but that hole can only get so much water out and won't drain immediately ! That's the only vulnerable part of the intake that I can see when exposed to a huge amount of water and I mean a huge amount! Motorway driving, urban driving in any wet conditions has never let me down!

AEM owners pre Hydro-lock

WnSpZ.gif

FFS.

Take the dam thing off, it's only giving you noise anyway.

Get a filter that doesn't suck up lakes and kittens given half that chance and don't power boat your EP3.

Lock thread.

Done.

LOL!

just having a discussion here chap, if you're bored, stop reading! simples!

if your going to buy an AEM CAI, buy a bicycle aswell, as theres a good chance you may need it during your AEM ownership!lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back