• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

AEM CAI: Improving Airflow

I've had mine for a few months now and its a fantastic bit of kit.

I was considering cutting out the (almost) triangular shape bit from the wheel arch plastic (the plastic bit directly below the filter) and meshing it over similar to the front bumper mesh. What do you think?

Has anyone experimented on improving airflow with the AEM CAI's?

- Kevin.

Tbh mate I wouldnt bother doing that.. Imagine all the debris flying up off the roads, at least at the moment it is protected from that but still maintains great airflow 8)

Im gonna leave mine as it is as I think it does a great job already :twisted:

I'd recommend against it mate...I removed the foglight blankers on my facelift and any gains I got from it are minimal. You also increase the risk of water intake as I found out a week or so back in some very heavy rain. Basically I could feel the engine bog down a bit, luckily enough I was just round the corner from were I needed to be so was able to stop and wait a few hours for the rain to clear up and normal service was resumed. Wasn't anything major but I'd been through much worse weather before I removed the blankers and never had any probs.

Back