• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

AEM Cai prone to **** up Idle?

Ped

Hi, So since fitting my AEM cai ,circa 4 months ago, my idle hadn't been the same. It no longer sits at 2000rpm upon cold start up. Nor settle to 1000rpm once warm. It starts and stays at 1500rpm. Now its even started to 'hunt' after its had a good seeing to in VTEC. The system, performs greats, sounds great etc. I just think this is the problem and has accelerated/caused the ICV to get mucky. Now i've booked it into a Garage where I often visit who know me in an attempt for them to clean the ICV as I've never removed a TB and don't fancy it. Im just concerned that the AEM is the problem and that after being fixed , fingers crossed, that I should revert back to OEM.

I don't have that problem and I've had AEM CAI on for around 2 years. All I've notice it doing is make a wierd noise when you turn the engine off.

Only thing I can think of is that I have the Oil breather part of it, Unsealed.

I'm not sure what you mean by oil breather. I'd bank on a dodgy/broken sensor or seal on that pipe, which I assumed was some kind of vacuum.... but then again I'm used to 50's engines :\

The small pipe coming off the AEM that would lead to the cam cover i have open as I've used a small Oil breather filter. And I went to seal the pipe on the induction neck earlier but its out of reach without removing it.

I have both pipes blanked off with breather filter on the cam cover, works great :)

The small pipe coming off the AEM that would lead to the cam cover i have open as I've used a small Oil breather filter. And I went to seal the pipe on the induction neck earlier but its out of reach without removing it.

I strongly recommend sealing it, it's allowing air to by pass the filter so something could get into your engine. Although its unlikely it's still possible

I agree. I left it open as I hadn't planned on using a Breather filter perminantly. But not looking at it. Even if I could to get a hose. Its going to be a bitch to fit do to the location on the induction pipe. For stupid reason its pointing forwards... Tut.

So you left an opening on the induction pipe open?

This issue sounds like a sticking IACV.
The AEM will not be the issue, they just get dirty over time.

Anyone have a link for the cam cover breather filters? Seal on my ITG isn't all that great so may invest in 2 of these. Seems to cause a slight judder when off the throttle and the revs settle back to idle levels.

Anyone have a link for the cam cover breather filters? Seal on my ITG isn't all that great so may invest in 2 of these. Seems to cause a slight judder when off the throttle and the revs settle back to idle levels.

One of the following will do
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...3&_nkw=oil+breather&_sacat=See-All-Categories
They're not expensive. Just get the right neck size. I've used the OEM hose which it slips inside of. Might get one big enough o just slot over the breather on the cam cover.

I strongly doubt its the AEM, I've never heard of this problem and have had nothing but joy with my one that I've been using for about the last 4 years

Well today my car has stopped 'hunting' which is odd. And seemed to settle idling at 1,100-1,200 rpm. As if its fixing its self! Typical, my Honda has such a personality. Its still going in the garage though, I've bought the little gasket for the IACV for them to put on.

Keep your eye out in the classifieds I'll be listing my ARC intake soon. Proper jdm bling y0

Back