• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Affordable Track Focused Coilovers Concerns?

MeisterR

Approved Trader
We at MeisterR are always listening to customers feedback and working on new ideas.
A very common request we get are Affordable "Track Focused" Suspension.

These will be suspension are are design for track performance and generally use sticky compound / semi-slick tyres.
The springs rate are on the high side and road compliancy will be compromised for better weight transfer control during track use.

Our aim will be have a setup under £1,000. That is where we want to set our bar.

Of course, some setup will be cheaper and other a bit more expensive depending on what is required to make the best setup possible.
Some setup will need helper springs in order to achieve enough droop travel due to high springs rate, etc.

I want to know what are some concerns potential customers will have?
What are some questions you may have?

Let me know and I want to hear opinion of current track car drivers and concerns of potential future customers.

Jerrick

Will these be superior to the GT1's? Or just your CRD+ revalved?

Affordable will be sub £1,000 mark, so these will be ZetaCRD level suspension but with more focus directly on track use.

The GT1 are custom build, and this setup will allow a more track focused GT1 also.
But in terms of performance, the GT1 will be superior and the best 1-way adjustable the MeisterR have to offer.

After all, the GT1 are design to compete with Ohlins DFV, and that is a pretty big bar to set. :)

Jerrick

I have Pmd you a question about GT1's

Replied you, we got a few option so drop me an E-mail. :)

I'd be very interested in the set up but GT1 spec internals.

This would be an option that we are pushing for also, if someone interested in a more serious track setup.
The GT1 internal also add a level of compliancy to the suspension, but the springs rate are going to be stiff so it won't be very road friendly.

However, everyone tolerance is a little different.

Jerrick

This would be an option that we are pushing for also, if someone interested in a more serious track setup.
The GT1 internal also add a level of compliancy to the suspension, but the springs rate are going to be stiff so it won't be very road friendly.

However, everyone tolerance is a little different.

Jerrick

Road comfort isn't much of a priority as it's a track vehicle. Occasional weekend use and commuting to the track/Nürburging
Needs some compliancy especially for when on the Nürburging as it's not a particularly smooth track. Ohilns DFV's are popular in that end of the world.

Road comfort isn't much of a priority as it's a track vehicle. Occasional weekend use and commuting to the track/Nürburging
Needs some compliancy especially for when on the Nürburging as it's not a particularly smooth track. Ohilns DFV's are popular in that end of the world.

Ohlins DFV would equal to the GT1 in terms of how it is specified and designed.
They are designed of for the same thing, which is a fast road & track setup.

Going to a higher springs rate basically will bring the rear bias up meaning the car will want to rotate more.
Push the tyres a little harder to get better traction if you are on semi-slick.

We got the EP3 setup pretty spot on to be honest.
If you are looking at a "track setup GT1" that would be similar to "custom valved" Ohlins DFV with different springs.
Of course, the GT1 will be quite a bit cheaper once you look at the final number of the bill.

Jerrick

Back