• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

After market wheel choices for EP3's

9.2kg for oem. 20kg the car wouldn't move!:p

Hmmm, I'm saying that from memory back when I looked at this site -

http://www.superhonda.com/tech/wheel_weights.html

Scroll down to Honda civic Type-r and it says:

Honda Civic Type R 02 Cast 17x7 20.2

Maybe thats in lbs but it doesn't say...

I have another set of BSA 17" Livewires in my garage and they are a lot lighter, but I wouldnt say half the weight of my EP3 ones by any means.

Ive just bolted on a set of slipstreams on my satin silver ctr, check out my thread for pics :cool:

Hmmm, I'm saying that from memory back when I looked at this site -

http://www.superhonda.com/tech/wheel_weights.html

Scroll down to Honda civic Type-r and it says:

Honda Civic Type R 02 Cast 17x7 20.2

Maybe thats in lbs but it doesn't say...

I have another set of BSA 17" Livewires in my garage and they are a lot lighter, but I wouldnt say half the weight of my EP3 ones by any means.

20.2lbs = 9.2kg:)

Anything around 6kg is extremely light and will make a big difference to unsprung weight.:cool:

lol just when i think ive made my mind up!

loving the slipstreams, and the torques. and some of the other ones. and ill probably stick to 17's thinking about it. hoping to get it lowered some time soon so 17's will probably do the job

That's ok mate, I'll send you my paypal address over, just call it 10% of the price of wheels for the advice, time and effort I've put in.:lol:

For a satin, I'd stick with black or gunmetal rims. They would be one of these choices

Buddy Club PII
sf-double.jpg

i have these in matt black on a satin ctr

I had superleggeras on another car and they were very light but also very soft. I had 2 break on me. Id stick to Rota Torque or Lecurie's suggestion on the P1's.

The OEM alloys do seem very strong - the actual rims seem to be really thick material. My 17" BSAs are like putty in comparison and I've managed to slightly bend one on the inner part of the rim. Not sure what Rotas are like in comparison tbh.

I always liked Magline alloys, but they seem quite rare. They us Forged alloy for extra strength as well...

HF602A_500x500.jpg

Im really considering putting a nice set of black rims on my nhb 05...maybe the oz's or rotas like nash as they look great!

I am abit unsure though as dont know how they will look on a nhb...difficult to buy rims without seeing them before! Also considering the red lip option

Im really considering putting a nice set of black rims on my nhb 05...maybe the oz's or rotas like nash as they look great!

I am abit unsure though as dont know how they will look on a nhb...difficult to buy rims without seeing them before! Also considering the red lip option

Bud, it's your shout - but go for a contrasting colour - IMO black on black invariably causes the detailing of the wheel to be lost, until you closely inspect them. It's the reason I'd never paint my OEM's black on my NHB, as they are such a gorgeous wheel (as standard) I wouldn't want to lose the detailing of their appearance, by going black (on ablack car)

A nice bronze, hypersilver, or polished lip wheel looks very nice - that said, on the right coloured car black wheel/red lip combos look very nice.

a nice set of Bronze Circuit 10's (MF10 style) would rock on NHB.

If I can't find a set of MF10's or don't have enough for SSR Type-C's I will be getting these.

closesiderota2ch6.jpg

2j17om1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice i like those...i was looking at the buddyclub challenge black with red lip, they might come really nice..or maybe i should just stick to standards...

Nice pic nic...like the contrast...

My friend has an older civic in a dark blue metalic with black rota rims like yours...looks really nice...

Might come toooo black on a nhb...

Nice pic nic...like the contrast...

My friend has an older civic in a dark blue metalic with black rota rims like yours...looks really nice...

Might come toooo black on a nhb...

Black wheels on NHB looks evil :twisted: The pics dont really dont do it justice, it looks better when you see it for real.

IMG_4899.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back