• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

aftermarket steering wheel

I'm on my phone but in sure if you do a search you should be able to find a thread on it.

I believe you need a resistor in the air bag connector to fool it into thinking the airbag is still connected.

I'm on my phone but in sure if you do a search you should be able to find a thread on it.

I believe you need a resistor in the air bag connector to fool it into thinking the airbag is still connected.

Yup - Resistor in the connector. This is how we do it at work. I would put a resistor in and use electrical tape to hold it in. That way if you ever were to put an airbag back in you still have the connector attached.

How does it work for MOT's? I thought that cars manufactured with drivers air bags need to have them equipped to pass the test? If not then I'm off to get a wheel at the weekend... :)

Here's an idea - pass MOT, then put new wheel on. Then when it's MOT time again.......you know where this is going.

I agree what a pain....! I think ill go resistor, its 12 months m.o.t as it stands today, so ill see where it goes when it comes to m.o.t .
thanks for the reply's =)

Back