• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Aj's DC5 -J's Racing 70RR system- Coilovers - Smoothed front End- Rega's PG4

Hi guys thought i would update-

Car went to TGM (Who are awesome by the way, well worth the 2 n half hour drive) For Service, new Clutch, New Brake Disks & Uprated Pads, Coilovers & Camber Kit- Big Bill but great service & very friendly people. Drives like a Dream now!

then i had it sent to a body shop to fix the front lip & Scuffed rear bumper & have the number plate hole smoothed over, I lowered it more on the coilovers

5547746728_8aa3979ae7_z.jpg

5547737246_3a1285a396_z.jpg

5547725604_8a7383203e_z.jpg

Ive also been waiting Since November for my Exhaust from Touge Distribution, And i ordered lug nuts from them in January, Im fed up of waiting, they have promised the exhaust will be dispatched as soon as they can due to the japan situation but im sick of hearing about the lug nuts, constant lies, they have agreed to a Refund But not given it yet, but i have ordered them again but from NewEraParts this time. Hoping to evenutally get them, Next resort is ordering them from Weksos Parts if New Era dont come through but i am confident they will. I have ordered up New tyres also so the Regamasters will be going on as soon as i have the Lug nuts & Tyres!

I will also be lowering it about 10mm more at the front, maybe slight drop at back some more aswell.

REALLY wanta GruppeM !! If anyone is selling one in Good condition i will have it.

Thanks for looking guys & girls

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks fantastic. Great stance and nice rear camber, front end looks spot on 8)

Ive also been waiting Since November for my Exhaust from Touge Distribution, And i ordered lug nuts from them in January, Im fed up of waiting, they have promised the exhaust will be dispatched as soon as they can due to the japan situation but im sick of hearing about the lug nuts, constant lies, they have agreed to a Refund But not given it yet, but i have ordered them again but from NewEraParts this time. Hoping to evenutally get them, Next resort is ordering them from Weksos Parts if New Era dont come through but i am confident they will. I have ordered up New tyres also so the Regamasters will be going on as soon as i have the Lug nuts & Tyres!

Join the queue. Nothing will be coming out of Japan very fast atm. Take your standard 8 week wait and double it at least I'd say.

I was told 1-2 week wait for the lug nuts in January 2 months later still nothing !, Newera reckon they still can provide me with quick service, if they cant, i'll just get my money back & order from the guys in america

I hope so, but I personally doubt it if anything is being shipped from Japan, it's not going to happen quickly. I'd cut your loses and get the stuff from the Septics.

Thanks mate, I went for Eibach Pro Street, TGM Supplied & Fitted them *saved me a job!* Very happy with them!

Whilst I understand your frustration, you also have to take in to account delays when ordering from Japan, a lot of the time the part is made to order. Not only that but obviously the recent tragedy in Japan will have some impact for sure. You mention Newera can get you things quick. Well if you do a search for Newera on the DC5 forum you will see an 'un justified' post about how a part was taking too long to arrive etc.

It was the same when people ordered through Vtec Direct etc etc, often you have to be prepared for the wait. I think when you need to have a re-think about how you word things when you mention 'lies'. Knowing James on a personal level I very much doubt he will have lied about things, remember he is an agent and can only go on what his people in Japan are saying.

Again given the recent tragedy in Japan lately I don't think it would matter who you ordered through, you would still be in for a long wait, as frustrating as it may be it is just the way it is. Alternatively you could just order a Tegiwodabo cat-back/wheels/manifold - you just wont have the same JDM points.

Thanks mate, I went for Eibach Pro Street, TGM Supplied & Fitted them *saved me a job!* Very happy with them!
Great choice bud.

Re: your exhaust, did you order the J's? (I seem to remember you mentioning this - apologies if I'm mixing you up with someone else). Just so you know, most significant J's parts (not talking oil caps etc) take ages. It's taken over a year for all my J's parts to come and that was through Sumo (very close ties with J's) and meeting/talking with and exchanging emails with the former J's President (his business card is fricken cool btw). IIRC, my exhaust took 6 months to arrive.

I love the DC5 in white - thats what I've got, however looks good in black too.

Really great looking car you've got there. As for tyres I always use RE050A's and make sure there the A's, you can't go wrong with them.

Great choice bud.

Re: your exhaust, did you order the J's? (I seem to remember you mentioning this - apologies if I'm mixing you up with someone else). Just so you know, most significant J's parts (not talking oil caps etc) take ages. It's taken over a year for all my J's parts to come and that was through Sumo (very close ties with J's) and meeting/talking with and exchanging emails with the former J's President (his business card is fricken cool btw). IIRC, my exhaust took 6 months to arrive.

6 Months is about Right then i guess, I did order a 70RR System (stainless not titanium as my last titanium exhaust lasted 3 weeks & was not going through that again) But Ive said i was prepared to wait. Which i have been, I received an email A MONTH before the Earthquake hit saying that they now had possession of my exhaust, One month later and it Still hadn't left their office, Ive paid £200 For A courier via them to be collecting & shipping it & they still hadn't arranged it after a Month??? I then asked if i could arrange my own courier & Refund my postage, they just replied no because that would be unfair on other people & the contract they have with their couriers ??? - what?!? & then said that it was going to be collected the day of the quake, which is just unfortunate but i still will not accept an excuse for it sitting around with them for a month before the quake.

I couldn't care if people know them on a personal level, once again people sticking up for their friends. Stick up for them all you like, I paid that company good money for parts that are readily available, not JUST new era have told me this, yet One email i received said they had received my Lug nuts & would be shipping them Shortly, Next email said They were waiting to receive them, next one said they were put on back order!! All from Different people, one from James, One From Customer services & the other from enquires! No way will i ever use them again, im sure James is a nice chap, i've got nothing against him, he was keeping me fairly up to date on Facebook until he deleted me from there.

I dont want to turn my thread into an Argument about how Good Touge Shitribution are from where your sat, if that is acceptable to you then fine, but if i pay their outrageous charges for delivery, i actually expect them to be delivered !!!!!

& just the Fact that new era will reply to emails is fantastic and refreshing to me! Touge seem to just ignore me even after spending my money with them. I should have listened to the people that Almost all of you will be using but i wont be Name dropping who pre-warned me about This company. Lesson lernt.

you're*

I am not defending anyone, merely putting across a point that when you order from Japan, expect to wait.

No good getting all 'Veruca Salt' over it.

However I would be miffed if I was fed different stories via email.

I'm sorry you're having/had a shyt experience with Touge. This is not normal service.

There was quite obviously some confusion over your order. You should have now had a refund for the lug nuts as you requested. They send their apologies.

I do try to keep people updated with all of their orders if they ask for chase-up's, however, things can go wrong; and I can only pass on what the Japanese tell me.

I'm no longer with Touge for personal reasons, but I recommend you to reword your posts about them, as some of the comments could be taken as libellous.

I hope you enjoy your 70RR when it arrives!

Back