• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Alcantara Cleaning Care and premature balding prevention suggestions...

My Alcantara on the drivers door next to the grab handle & switches is looking tired already....and going a bit bald on the corner which is gutting...!

Anyone recommend anything to clean, spruce up this lovely to look at but pain in the Harris to live with stuff??

Wonder if they do regaine for it....

My Alcantara on the drivers door next to the grab handle & switches is looking tired already....and going a bit bald on the corner
Warranty claim?
This should not be happening on a car less than 6 months old. :confused:
The potential for this happening had already crossed my mind, and I wondered about the durability of the material in this area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doubt if it's going bald at this stage,I'd guess it's just the pile flattening.
I would just use warm water with wash up liquid with a nail brush to raise the pile,don't used too much water or it will take an age to dry.
Alcantara is usualy hard wearing.

Warranty claim?
This should not be happening on a car less than 6 months old. :confused:
The potential for this happening had already crossed my mind, and I wondered about the durability of the material in this area.

An fk2 chap had his stitching split within a couple of months, he was refused warranty and took it further but never came back with the outcome

I don't actually know, but the source was from a forum member, If he said it then I 100% believe every word he said, a genuine Honda lover and a great source for any info

Woolite is the stuff to use. Mix one part to 6 parts water in a spray bottle. Spray on and wipe of with lint free cloth. Bloody amazing stuff. My grab handles on my fn2 came up like new and my alcantara seats had all stains and marks removed. Well known product for gentle cleaning

An fk2 chap had his stitching split within a couple of months, he was refused warranty and took it further but never came back with the outcome
I could predict Hondas response to this....but everything needs to be able to stand up to reasonable wear and tear, otherwise it is not fit for purpose.
I wonder how he got on.....pity he never came back and said.

For warranty to judge reasonable wear and tear is difficult. Ones view on it can be different to others.
I’ve experienced customers complain of rear heater vents and cup holders just ‘falling apart’. But the 2 kid seats strapped in the rear would suggest otherwise...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am gonna get the Woolite then do some before and afters

Ha my missus saw me looking up stuff on my ipad in bed about cleaning Alcantara..! She said 'If it aint f'in exhaust notes, its how to clean your interior!! Get a freaking life and fix the f'in shed door only wish you loved m as much as that car etc etc' it went on something about house DIY but I had gone by then....

I am gonna get the Woolite then do some before and afters

Ha my missus saw me looking up stuff on my ipad in bed about cleaning Alcantara..! She said 'If it aint f'in exhaust notes, its how to clean your interior!! Get a freaking life and fix the f'in shed door only wish you loved m as much as that car etc etc' it went on something about house DIY but I had gone by then....

Well if you think about it... She's getting annoyed that you're looking at other peoples cars and mods/fixes they've done. So by that logic, start looking at other peoples girlfriends/wives in lingerie and then buy her some. Win win win. And when she complains about you peeving, just calmly regurgitate everything she said, you're just making the effort ;)

Back