• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Another one of my questions & opinions!

Right guys i'm not entirely sure if this is the right section but...

I've had my car for a few months now - When i first got the car (after 4 years of wanting one) I was extremely happy with the speed of the car, especially in the vtec crossover... But i remember being disappointed hugely with the noise... all of the youtube videos etc that id seen over the years were showing EP3's as LOUD manic fast cars... But the car i'd bought seemd pretty opposite, it was quiet, calm but still very fast!

So my first mod was an AEM V2... I got it fitted and i remember literally being astonished at the noise ! I was literally thinking my car was complete to what I expected... Anyhow my next mod was a 2.5" R8BYB unsilenced b-pipe ; so now my car was pretty noisey due to the b-pipe and it almost drowned out the noise of the AEM... So I decided to take off my AEM V2 and sell it.

Well i can tell you now as much as i've read it - i've never actually realised how much of a difference heatsoak makes - my car is literally so much more responsive... I mean to the point of I felt the car was slow a few weeks ago (when i had the aem on) - I remember driving next to a Renault Megane Sport with my girlfriend in the car and him trying to race me but me literally thinking nah he'll probably beat me forget that :(... my point being my car feels literally transformed.. it feels quick again!

So now my question; with a GOOD induction (GruppeM/Tegiwa) , exhaust mani / rbc inlet and a K100 how fast is my car actually going to feel? Because right now it feels like my car is new again... Does the car feel ALOT quicker when you get the above mods and onwards? I know that may sound like a silly quesiton but im just asking does anyone remember the difference they felt when they first sat down after getting a GruppeM fitted or getting their K100/Pro ?

Cheers dudes :lol:

Honestly you can barely feel most engine mods as the percentage increase is often very small, say 1-2%. The best way to get a 'WOW' feeling is to do a bunch of mods at the same time, but this has it's downfalls too as you don't get an appreciation for what each mod is really doing individually.

Without going down cams and forced induction, the only engine mod you will truely feel a difference with is K100/Kpro or equivelent re-map ECU.

Didnt feel any difference really after fitting the Gruppe M, but once the Manifold, Exhaust and K100 were fitted it was a different driving experience all together.

Didnt feel any difference really after fitting the Gruppe M, but once the Manifold, Exhaust and K100 were fitted it was a different driving experience all together.

Lottie, wouldn't a FRSU make it feel faster?

Lottie, wouldn't a FRSU make it feel faster?

Not really, because the car feels more stable it gives you more confidence to push a little harder and in turn carry more speed through corners.

I sometimes think the noise factor of mods can add to the feeling of a faster car. It's like a placebo effect, you think because you are getting more volume, you are making more power. Like Hazz and Lottie have said, most mods won't really give you a massive boost in power on their own, but when you throw on a couple together, you will notice a slight hike in performance. The best way to make the most of your car is go for a FRSU, this transforms the handling 100%, thus giving you a little more confidence in it's ability. Then you can start throwing money at power mods, but be aware, NA can get ridiculous to get masses of power out of, check out "G's" car for examples of this. To get his power figures he has gone for increased displacement and the use of a few, not available to general public parts.

I sometimes think the noise factor of mods can add to the feeling of a faster car. It's like a placebo effect, you think because you are getting more volume, you are making more power. Like Hazz and Lottie have said, most mods won't really give you a massive boost in power on their own, but when you throw on a couple together, you will notice a slight hike in performance. The best way to make the most of your car is go for a FRSU, this transforms the handling 100%, thus giving you a little more confidence in it's ability. Then you can start throwing money at power mods, but be aware, NA can get ridiculous to get masses of power out of, check out "G's" car for examples of this. To get his power figures he has gone for increased displacement and the use of a few, not available to general public parts.

I couldn't agree more, like i've previously said its the "fuss" made about going fast - its kinda weird!

Gruppe M will give solid gains, not suffer heatsoak & sound rude. You'll notice the difference from the seat dyno.

Ps. You love the word literally :p

Back