• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Another tyre question.Toyo proxes?

Car failed mot last night on two front tyres.I think anything would be better than what is on it now.Found Toyo proxes for £75 all in per corner.
Anyway rang garage to order them in and he claimed these "Nexen" tyres are just as good as the bridgestones or goodyear,anybody had these nexen on before?
Unfortunatly I'am on a budget as everything has come at once.Advice would be greatful.

Got the Toyo's on the FN and they seem alright really. Better than the old Parada Spec 2's I had on the EP3.

Toyo T1R's and Yokohama Parada Spec 2's are the most overrated tyres out there. Anyone who thinks they're a good tyre has never experienced a premium branded tyre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought the T1R's had been replaced? They're a 10 year old tyre and things have moved on a lot in that time.

Personally I wouldn't bother with Nexen's or T1R's. I had four falken somethings on before going ad08r and they were really good all rounder but didn't seem to last very long

I've got Yokohama blue earths on mine front and rear, £82 on black circles fitted, there good on the road in dry and wet conditions plus did a track day at rockingham and again very impressed with the performance.

I have got Parada spec 2 and to be honest I don't drive hard so I personally bought them because I love the tred pattern it looks really nice, my next set of tyres will be the AD08Rs I think with them you get the performance and they look nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nexen are a budget tyre, I use them on my work hack Vectra. They're OK as in they will stay inflated, grip to a half reasonable level and last a while but that's as far as they go. I wouldn't want to them on a car that i'd like to do some spirited driving in put it that way. I've always disliked t1rs too.

Get a premium tyre, Parada, RSR, Michelin. It's more money but you're really glad you spent it when you overcook a corner!

Back