• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Any nasties when removing seats?

I need to have my passenger seat out of the car for a day.

The seat will be out for 24 hours.

Will I be okay driving without it, it wont spark off any airbag sillies or anything once it's re fitted?

cheers

Taking out the passenger side should be ok, ive not done it myself but I cant see for any reason why it would cause problems.

If the airbag light comes on it only telling you there is a fault in the systme and the air bag's are not working.

Putting the seat back in and connecting the tensioners back should fix the system and put it back to normal.

:)

Thanks mate, Seat cover prototype coming soon! :D

- so I won't need to disconnect the battery or anything?

No mate, the seats have no airbags. Simply unbolt the 4 bolts.

Watch the rails on the trim when taking the seat out of the car though.

As Nick say. The only electrical component connected to the seats is the seatbelt warning light for the drivers seat. This can just be unplugged if you ever need to. All that will happen then is that your seatbelt warning light on the dashboard won't come on if you're not buckled up.

Like Nick says, watch the seat rails on the paint work. It might be an idea to fully recline your drivers seat when you're doing this as it will give you maximum cabin space to rotate the seat around to remove it safely. Failing that, take it out through the boot.

Cheers, that was very simple to do!

The seat is with capital seating right now getting measurements for an EP3 - non-premier seat cover :D

Back