• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Anybody had a little play with a FN2 with a older type-r yet?

I had a little play with one in my DC2 the other day, all i will say is i left with this :D and the FN2 driver should of left with this :(

Anybody else?

Like scouse says most if not all will still be running them in. Or maybe they're just not intrested.

doubt they care......probably basking in climate and cruise control ;) :lol:

Been driving mine at every opportunity at the moment, still keeping it below 4K RPM and I have a huge :D on my face all the time.

Still waiting for the first newbe FN2 driver to take me on, it's only a matter of a day or two though!!.:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Can't see the FN2 beating the last one really. Same power, less pronounced high end power delivery and a fair bit more bulk. In the dry it should be bye bye newboy.

only got 200miles on mine but today all i've done is hammer the **** out of it.....so while out today up came this golf gtdi and behind it the cosmic grey ep3,well we both blew the golf into the weeds but the ep3 was edging me but there was fook all in it and i was all over his back end on the two roundabouts,i will say 3rd in the fn2 with the longer power curve is outstanding it seemed as if i was going to pass him with ease but the 2004 ep3 was loose where needed and did eventually take the win..............but by a cats whisker.

It's all a matterof how good the driver is IMHO. And what's all this rubbish about "running in"?? Just rev it hard, it will be better for it in the end! Careful driving on a new motor makes for a lazier engine later in its life.

Plus add a tank of V-Power and the FN2 should be laughing!

Disagree with that, run it in. Everyone I know who has taken the time to run the car in (remember this works for all the moving parts not just the motor), has tended to use less oil, of course may be a coincedence.

I ran mine in and it never got lazy and served me well and drove hard in the 86k miles I put on her...

... erm until she blew up that is :eek:

Disagree with that, run it in. Everyone I know who has taken the time to run the car in (remember this works for all the moving parts not just the motor), has tended to use less oil, of course may be a coincedence.

I ran mine in and it never got lazy and served me well and drove hard in the 86k miles I put on her...

... erm until she blew up that is :eek:

I never ran mine in. Never use's any oil and still going strong at 60k. Had a new gear box though;)

i put 150 on the clock then since then i have hammered the **** out of it....got to get them valve seals to sit nice.

In a straight line the EP3 pulls about 1.5 - 2 car lengths from 40 to 100 thats both fully tanked up, driver only and both standard cars EP3 had about 12k miles on the clock and the FN close to 8k miles (hes done that in about 2 weeks so he likes his FN)

Hes bringing it to Donington in a few weeks so if i can blag my mates EP or persuade one of you guys to come along we can see how they compare on track.

(For the record the 197 is about 10cm behind the FN during the same test, though its only got 6k on the clock)

Well had a day of thrashing EP3's (standard and tuned both N/A and JRSC) along with the FN2 today. The FN was excellent round the track, well bruntingthorpe anyway so it is admitidly quite open. Compared to a standard EP3 there was little in it, and through the gears the FN had the edge. It was more complient on track yet despite feeling a little softer cornered very flat. On the whole for a road car it was quite impressive.

Oh and I got a sound level warning, even thought it only hit 97db's on drive by. Though everyone said it was blimming loud at ful chat, even louder then the open top single seater that was buzzing around :eek:

I had a play witha FN2. I think the guy wants to take his FN2 back as he well just dissapeared into the distance :p

but then he really didnt know what he was playing with

:lol::lol:

Back