• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Anyone else's ep3 gear box do this

Does anyone elsenhave the same issue where their second gear almost jumps out of 2nd when changing up to 3rd? It's like it can't wait and soon as you lay a finger on it clunks out ?
had similar on my last ep3 but thought it was a one off, . It goes into gear ok and only on 2nd to third it's just in a rush .

Yep mine does this, only does it at high revs though, I'd say 5k +

I don't know what it is, but I do plan on getting my box rebuild at some point, so as long as it works till then, I'm happy.

Mine does this from 3rd to 4th some times especially high up in revs. Done this since I've had it. Don't think it's anything to worry about:)

I sometimes get it going 3rd to 4th. I've had my box apart and there's nothing internally wrong with it. I think it's more user error/eager gear changing. Pulling down on the stick before fully disengaging the clutch makes it 'pop' out.

Cheers fellas , it's a low mileage car as well so will just try some nice clean gear box oil

Mines done this before from 3rd to 4th. I would also put it down to what Lewisgame said about user error and over-eagerness, as when it happened to me i also noticed its when the clutch wasn't engaged fully.

Back