• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Anyone ever used this?

well at first sigh i thought great thats exactly what i need because im too cheap to buy a new HU

but..... i gav it a bit of thought and it says connect direct to your rear speaker wires?
surely the point of a sub is so that your speakers dont need to cope with the base and to stop distortion? but the bass control in on the HU will be deemed useless?
the only bass control you will have is on your amp?

it will be ok if you only listen to one type of music but if you listen to all sorts like me then i cant imagine it will be that good for what i want

sooo thats the end of my bit and looks like im still going to have to get a new head unit, good job i know someone who works in halfords to get discount lol

i suppose i see your point, as my speakers are upgraded anyway and they are fine with the bass on may through my h/u. i think i should be ok?

if it copes fine towards the to end range then it may be ok

on my old cars that i did i had sub for bass, 6x9s for mid range and tweeters for the high range, or sub for bass and the bottom end running through the 6x9s i never tried it with the bass going through both so not 100% sure what it would be like mate

im no expert like, just basic knowledge on simple systems, although i tried putting mine in my car today but no power is getting to the amp which is confusing me
waiting for my new HU to come through as ive just ordered it and ill give it another bash

just a cheap JVC KD-G351
it is mp3 compatable, usb and aux input in the front so its basicly all i need, just plug a flash drive in the front and i can get rid of all my cds that are just gettin scratched in the second din compartment lol
just need it to run my amp really

I used one of these on my EP3 and they work fine. Mine was an autoleads one tho.....

argh if i heard that earlier i wouldnt have ordered my new HU lol
o well suppose its better in the long run

Back