• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Anyone for Golf??

No longer and R pilot after selling my ATR recently.

I'm now driving this VAG smoke machine due to increased work mileage and dodgy airport carparks that my cars are spending too much time in!

Its standard PD130 engine but with Spax lowering springs and adjustable shocks and a new set of 17's that some may recognise from Foxy's dabble into Dieslow territory last year.
Alloys are in perfect condition and a deal was done - alos got a strut brace to go in but will wait for the summer months as I need to get my drill out for that.

anyways, here it is. Fun? Not really but it gives me 48mpg :)

Disclaimer - pic taken immediately after fitting the wheels when the car had a weeks dirt on it and I hadn't dressed the tyres
yrp89a.jpg

They're actually quality cars despite being a bit heavy. My dad had a petrol one which was built like a tank but you defo feel the weight.

Good thing about the diesels are that they're easily chip-able! :cool:

My gaffer drives an A4 estate with the 2.0l 140 brake TDi, he drives fairly rapidly and generally keeps the revs up around 3k and still gets low 40's
Andy - I think yours it broke!!

As for my mpg, this week is more like 46. I'm sure I could get into the mid 50's but feck 64 - bet I know who was driving......... ;)

I got a average of 36.7 mpg on a trip last night :lol: :lol:

However, i think it is my driving style. It does sit above 3k most of the time as i am so used to driving the DC5:lol:

Andy

Looks good Stu, glad you put the pics up

Chris, can we get a pic of yours to see which one is cleaner?

I got a average of 36.7 mpg on a trip last night :lol: :lol:

However, i think it is my driving style. It does sit above 3k most of the time as i am so used to driving the DC5:lol:

Andy

You definitely need to slow down fella! :lol: :lol: :lol:

On one of the Welsh meets last year I took my Octavia vRS Diesel which is 2.0 TDi 170bhp and I averaged 48mpg for the whole day and most of that was fairly spirited! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You know I would Ben, but I don't want to make Stu look bad. :cool:

LOL!! Mines been washed 3 times since I picked it up ( 2 1/2 weeks ago) and last weekends wash was followed by 3 hours of PCing and a couple of coats of Vic Concours wax.

Bet yours ain't been wash 3 times since you picked it up:p

:lol: I've never seen the point in washing cars. I'm driving the thing around, not standing outside it thinking "Oo how shiny". I keep the inside clean and make sure all the important stuff is working properly.

Washing, waxing, etc. might help the paint last a bit longer but I'd rather pay for a respray once every 5 years than waste all that time washing the damned thing. :lol:

Lazy sod! :lol:

Back