• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Anyone have a front lower H Brace.

Hi, Had one fitted for 8 years. yes it makes a difference providing your car has been correctly set up for fast road use. steering is more positive.

It bolts to the same place that the subframe mounts. The subframe is a rather large steel structure that doesn't deform.

Bracing it does absolutely nothing.

Any improvement after fitting will be pure placebo.

In short, a waste of money.

It bolts to the same place that the subframe mounts. The subframe is a rather large steel structure that doesn't deform.

Bracing it does absolutely nothing.

Any improvement after fitting will be pure placebo.

In short, a waste of money.

Don't sugar coat it, jeeso! Ha

I've had the Carbing Type-II brace for about eight years.

It is a stronger piece of frame work compared to the one you have posted - which, quite frankly, looks poor.

No need to sugar coat it lol

Have a look at your subframe and you can be the judge.

It's a substantial structure, no amount of additional bracing that bolts to the exact same position will make it stronger.

It's akin to rear lower strut braces. Serve no purpose.

As per Stoo, I fitted one to my DC5, it was a nice anodised blue color which matched the car, and brightened up the underside when it was on a ramp. That was the only benefit.

Tom at TGM questioned me on why I had it since they are a waste of time, with a face that suggested I was to be lashed for such stupidity.

Also I believe it was made of some kind of mature cheese, lending even more credence to it being bought purely for aesthetics.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had one for around 3 days on the EP3 before destroying it.

It did nothing apart from catch on everything. Car was low at the time btw

Waste of money IMO.

Oh and they are very dangerous if you driving down b-roads with camber on them. When it scrapes, it violently moves the car about :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it these are not tested to meet a specific standard? So in general do strut braces, whether they are for the front/back upper/lower serve any purpose or just a gimmick?

I take it these are not tested to meet a specific standard? So in general do strut braces, whether they are for the front/back upper/lower serve any purpose or just a gimmick?

Most strut braces serve to stiffen the chassis. Just not a h brace.

Most strut braces serve to stiffen the chassis. Just not a h brace.

Thanks for the input mate. As I am doing a big turbo project what would be an ideal recommendation. Would it be necessary to strut the front and back or just the front. I was thinking of the DC titanium strut bar but they are quite pricey so not sure what the 2nd best option would be. The DC looks good but I'd rather have something that works than cosmetics.

rsj%20i%20beam.jpg

Job done.

Back