• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Anyone help?

CD

Hi I've not long bought my 1st Civic Type R (07) & need to sort a few things:
1. it was red but previous owner changed it to white but did it the cheap skate way & only got the outside done - anyone know how much to get inside of doors, boot & apertures sprayed?
2. Gear knob n gaiter have seen better days - I've got replacements but can't figure out how to got old giater off to fit new 1 can someone tell me.

cheers

Paint I've no idea about.

The gaitor you have to take the surround off at the bottom of the stick. I'm sure there is a thread in the "How to" section.

Paint can be expensive and it is quite a labour intense job, not many people realise what goes into spraying a panel especially if it is already painted.

You will probably be looking at a rough estimate of £150 + VAT per panel for what you need doing. Budget yourself on that then when you pay a local bodyshop a visit you won't have too much of a shock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gaitor can be gotten off by unscrewing your gearknob. Then getting your fingers inside the gaitor under the lever, pull the surround (gently) towards you. It should just pop off it's mounting leaving you to disconnect the cig lighter and hazard lights. That's where my knowledge stops though, as I've never needed to, I'm not sure on how to get the actual gaitor off. Clipped on?

Gaitor can be gotten off by unscrewing your gearknob. Then getting your fingers inside the gaitor under the lever, pull the surround (gently) towards you. It should just pop off it's mounting leaving you to disconnect the cig lighter and hazard lights. That's where my knowledge stops though, as I've never needed to, I'm not sure on how to get the actual gaitor off. Clipped on?

That sounds like you're talking about an EP3 and not an FN2?

Cheers for the feedback on paint cost! I knew it'd be pricy with it being the fiddly bits that need doing but at least now I've got a ball park figure i'll be able to work out if someone trying rip my eyes out or if they likely to do half a###d job

White can be an absolute pig to colour match.

Best to esitmate on a complete respray

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's just door shuts then it's not the end of the world. Newer white's aren't too bad to match, but the older ones like Ford Diamond white had like 7 different shades over the years with blues and yellows added :lol:

Back