• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Anyone running a different thermostat & rad switch?

SpaceMonkey

Midget Wannabe
My car is going to ADH Winchester for a service in the next couple of weeks & thinking about getting them to fit a couple of bits & pieces whilst there if i can stretch the pennies enough.

Considering:

Spoon Magnetic Sump plug
Uprated Rad Switch
Uprated Thermostat

My car is standard & doesn't get pushed hard too often, but you can never be too safe surely?

Also I know the Hondata IMG is meant to be a well worthwhile mod, would anyone recommend this over the listed above first?

Cheers

TBH m8, I cannot see the point in these things, they often seem to me bits that get done 'just for something to do' if cash is a bit tight. The very reason I fitted Rad cap and Oil cap, did not serve any purpose really, but look nice when the bonnet is open. If it was me, Id save the cassh and put it towards something more worthwhile. Or perhaps, if you have not done so already do what i did and get a few tastefull dress up parts.

As for the IMG I have heard good things about that. I have one though it is used in conjunction with the S/C.

All IMHO of course :)

Cheers for the opinions G :wink:

Might just take my Credit Card & see how much they will do me a B-pipe for, but shhhhhhhhh :lol:

SpaceMonkey said:
My car is going to ADH Winchester for a service in the next couple of weeks & thinking about getting them to fit a couple of bits & pieces whilst there if i can stretch the pennies enough.

Considering:

Spoon Magnetic Sump plug
Uprated Rad Switch
Uprated Thermostat

My car is standard & doesn't get pushed hard too often, but you can never be too safe surely?

Also I know the Hondata IMG is meant to be a well worthwhile mod, would anyone recommend this over the listed above first?

Cheers

Yup I've got all of the above fitted to my car, and there are reasons for fitting them all.

Low Temp Rad Switch & Thermostat:
The idea behind these is to keep the engine nearer it's optimum temperature. In performance terms when the engine temp rises you'll see a lose of power, as other parts increase in heat, like the intake manifold and the CIA can possibly draw in more warm air. These are ideal mods for those who go drag racing, or sit in traffic as it means you'll have slightly more power as soon as you start moving again.

Hondata IMG:
Replaces the crappy OEM honda heatshield between the inlet manifold and the engine block. The engine block produces heat which is transfered to the IMG, which in turn increases the temp of the air entering the engine, thus less power. I've seem people claim 5bhp from these, personally I think that's bullshit unless you've had your car sat heating it's intake manifold upto silly temperatures. They certainly do keep the intake temp down, so again like the rad stuff it really just helps the car maintain peak performance.

If I was to pick one of these to do, at this time of year I'd go with Hondata's IMG as although I don't think you'll actually notice the difference with either modifcation much, I think the IMG will benefit the car more overall.

HTH

I remember reading that KPro had problems running with the aftermarket thermostat switched, not sure if the problems were resolved but I'd check that out before buying one.

- Kevin.

Back