• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Are braided lines worth it?

Hi guys,

I'm going to be fitting DS2500 pads shortly as my current OEM ones are running low according to my recent MOT. I was wondering whether it's worth buying some braided brake lines? I use my EP3 as a daily driver covering approx 150-175 miles a week mixed driving, I don't plan on taking the car on track so would it really be worth it or will the upgrade in pads be more than enough?

It's been asked loads of times fella, try the search function.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 braided lines, DS2500s on the front (not worth the expense on the back IMO) and 5.1 fluid.

I know this has probably been asked but is it a simple DIY job to replace the brake lines, only reason I ask is obviously brakes are one of the most important parts and I'm a bit of a novice but if I would prefer to save on labour costs where I can

Changing the lines is the easy part. It's the bleeding that you need a little more know how.

Not something you should be playing with IMO if you're not comfortable. Things like that I've had my mechanic mate do for that reason.

Get a reputable place to do the hoses.

Pads & discs yeah they are easy DIY.

But I'd want to be sure the hoses are done right.

They are pretty easy to change mate. Bit of advice if your going to do it is to really soak the joints etc in wd40 the night before. Makes it easier to crack them off.

Try opies oil in trader section for brake fluid always good deals on and forum discount code.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I've bought everything needed just waiting for it to all turn up

DS2500 Ferodo Pads ✓
HEL Performance Braided Lines ✓
1.5L Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid ✓

I've found a garage near me that is pretty reliable and reckons the job can be done in half an hour at £24+vat for 30 mins which I think is pretty good.

My only question, probably a stupid one, should I change my discs whilst doing all this? I done the "lip test" and I have around a 2-4mm lip max, the discs still look fairly OK so I'm wondering if I can get away with keeping them a little while longer? What would you guys do?

When you change discs you change pads, so if your discs are on their last legs (if they will die before your new pads) then it's probably worth getting the discs now too.

Brembo grooved or OEM FTW.

shnit...money I didn't really want to spend right now but necessary evil I guess...I have read on here that people don't rate grooved discs much :confused:

Back