• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Artech Tuning S2000 build up

startrack

Formerly type_r_lover
Right as you might already know I have acquired a very nice Honda s2000.

It's a 1999 red UKDM, with only 22000 miles (checked..) on the clock.

It drives like new and is a perfect base for the build up that we are planning on doing. No leak yet on the spec list to come, but it should be a nice unique car.

So the build up frenzy is starting ....

March 28th 2008
Eibach Performance Springs.
pro-kit.jpg

Handling is improved, mainly due to the springs being firmer and the center of gravity dropping a bit. Eibach reckons the springs can drop the ride as much as 40mm, but since the car will get lighter I expect maybe a 25-30 mm drop.

The springs are temporary, until we decide on which damper we want to use.

April 5th 2008
Sokey Tech Bonnet dampers

April 7th 2008
Autoteknic J's style carbon cooling plate.

May 1st 2008
Rays G07WT in Winning Blue wheels

I think it is the first set in UK and an S2000. These wheels are motorsport wheels, made to the "s2000" FIA regulation.

7" front and 9" rear, so 215 front and 245 rear ... will do for the moment. Already the car is much more stable under the wet, and that's with brand new tyres...

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

... I know I need better wheel nuts ! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
i see dynax's camera still isn't fixed? lol

Oi! Cheeky git! :lol: :lol:

it was my camera.... and I had to run back to the car. I thought it looked quite cool, since you can't see my mug properly!

Oi! Cheeky b*stard! :lol: :lol:

it was my camera.... and I had to run back to the car. I thought it looked quite cool, since you can't see my mug properly!

lol, i like it. The pebbles in the concrete are lovely.

But erm, there's someone standing at the back sitting by a car. lol

Oi :eek:

Anouar, just give me a bell when your free and i'll pop over with the camera

springs?!

why waste ya money get coilovers to start with you only gona replace them after awhile ;)

also how much do the roof motor's weight? i reken you can save 40kg right there?!

Hope springs last, they should do with that mileage. I changed mine at 60k and 2 weeks later the dampers bust :/

Watching this thread with envy. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

What colour will you paint it? ;) :lol:

And now it has decent wheels!

Rays G07WT in Winning Blue ... I like !

What do you guys think?

Coming along nicely, you dont do things by half ;):lol:

Now, tell me where you and Romain get your everlasting supply of Rays from so i can have a set :lol:

Back