• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

As a first mod...

I am looking to make one or two mods over the next few months and I've read so much about the Gruppe M. As my CTR is totally standard is it worth putting a Gruppe M on with standard exhaust etc? Would it be better to do the exhaust first?

Induction first IMO. Can't beat the sound of a roaring engine rather than sounding like something stuck on the back end.

The Gruupe M is the best but its also the most expensive.......

If your looking for a slightly cheaper mod then I'd suggest an AEM V2 or something similar.

For the price of a Gruupe M, I'd suggest you could get both a backbox and air induction sorted for very similar costs.

:twisted:

The Gruupe M is the best but its also the most expensive.......

If your looking for a slightly cheaper mod then I'd suggest an AEM V2 or something similar.

For the price of a Gruupe M, I'd suggest you could get both a backbox and air induction sorted for very similar costs.

:twisted:

The V2 doesn't come close to the GruppeM performance wise, if you want the best gains then it has to be the GruppeM.

You'll see more from the GruppeM than you would an exhaust as well mate;)

Yup totally agree on the performance gains wise.

I was just thinking if the fella wanted to get a couple of bits done instead of just the one.

:O)

Out of the two AEM kits the CAI is the one to go for. I had a chat with the guys at CPL today, who said that the gains with the CAI were similar to the Gruppe M. Anyone agree/disagree?

i personally prefer the itg maxogen . it gives lots of low down torque and you dont need to modify your scutttle pannel.

Out of the two AEM kits the CAI is the one to go for. I had a chat with the guys at CPL today, who said that the gains with the CAI were similar to the Gruppe M. Anyone agree/disagree?

Hmm tricky one this as the Gruppm is a ram effect system, so its full performance I am fairly certain could not be measured accuratly on a RR say, It is one of those systems that just performs well in a real world situation.

I would add further that even if it does show a few bhp more (even say a 10-12 bhp difference) between it and an AEM or Injen, how much you would notice back to back I am unsure.

When I was running my JRSC and around 60 - 40 bhp more than some cars at meets, and we would go for a little drive, even with that difference, it was not hugely noticeable on th road. Only at the top end of speeds would I really pull away.

Having said that, as a base for further tuning these systems do do well, and no doubt the gruppm is top of the list. The other advantage over a cold air system that sits low in the front wing is you do not have to worry about hydrolock if you go through a deep puddle or something. :D

Now that I have the GruppeM on the Teg, I don't think i'll be changing.. but had I been buying from scratch, it would've been the AEM CAI, as for me, the performance difference was not significant enough to warrant the extra cost. (Even with cost aside, Tom from TGM would rather have that than the GruppeM)

The GruppeM is far louder than the AEM CAI though! Not to everyone's taste, but perhaps something to consider when purchasing. Personally- sounds bloomin' lovely in the Teg! :twisted:

G- Understand where you're coming from on possible issues with the CAI, but Ben and I have/ (had for me) them on our cars for a while, with no issues. (Including driving around on very wet days, around country roads.) Although, I'm sure you will agree, that if there are puddles that deep around, would you really want to go Vtec'ing around in those conditions??

Nat, personally I wouldn't change from the gruppe M. Its a closed box. nuff said.

I do understand the AEM route and stuff but personally I am so paranoid about heatsoak that I would choose a closed box evertime. Even with a heatsoak I wouldnt trust having my filter in the wheel arch or anythig like that. My CAI is in my arch.

I am careful when driving around in wet conditions and try to avoid 4ft deep puddles!!!

Some of it is personal choice, I still think that the 15bhp-20bhp gains are a little unrealistic, otherwise I'd be getting 8-12BHP more with my BMC.

At the end of the day what ever you feel happiest in your engine bay will suit you be it spending £400+ on an M or £280 on a AEM..

IMO an essential mod though.

:cool:

Gruppe M everytime!!!

You won't loose much come re-sale time either.

BIG gains to be had & looks almost OEM in situ.

Yeah GruppeM all the time if money is no object.
You gotta spend the cash to feel the love! :)

I don't think it's ever a happy ending when you know the only person you've let down is yourself:( :lol:

lol nick you are qualified to dish out massages right??

Pay Nick the £££s and he will make sure you have the best massage of your life!

Back