• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Aston Martin Big Brake Kit £950 - Register interest now!

Morning All,

A collogue and I am currently in the process of making up a BBK with custom machined brackets for both an s2000 and an ep3

This post is NOT to sell big brake kits, but simply to gauge interest in affordable BBK using common 1 piece discs instead of higher cost rotors.

The kit I am currently working on to fit my S2000 and ep3 uses 330mm 1 piece discs with Aston Martin (Brembo) 4 pot monoblock callipers and Performance friction pads. The calliper piston area is similar to that found on other BBK's for the S2000 so will have a similar pedal feel.

Using a single piece common disc has a huge maintenance cost saving, costing around £200 for a set of discs and pads compared to £350+ for a new set of rotors excluding pads.

Current cost for the kits would depend on level of interest. Once testing and validation has been completed a group buy will be set up and spread across S2000 and EP3's.

1 Kit - £1750.00 (£1550 excluding Discs and Pads)
5 Kits - £1400.00 (£1200 excluding Discs and Pads)
10 Kits - £1150.00 (£950 excluding Discs and Pads)
20+ Kits - £1050.00 (£850 excluding Discs and Pads)

To try and make the kits more affordable, we have negotiated away the D&D and programming costs.
Still awaiting further confirmation from calliper supplier for 5+ kits, but can supply 10+ kits at costs below.

5 Kits : £ TBC awaiting confirmation from Calliper supplier - Estimating at £950
10+ Kits : £950 including Disks & Pads

Delivery circa £10

Kit includes:
Aston Martin Brembo 4 Pot Calipers (Black / Red / Silver)
330mm Single Piece MTec Discs (Choice of style) Option to add coating +£14
Performance Friction Z Rated Pads
Billet Machined Aluminium (Grade: 6082 T6) Brackets
Grade 12.9 Bolts
Spigot rings (ep3 only)

(All New Parts)

The aim is to make a kit at the price of the cheaper bbk's, but using higher quality parts.

1st Set have been installed on an s2000. 2nd set will be installed on an ep3.

Confirmation of spacer size to run OEM 17's should be confirmed later this week.

Please note, this is NOT a group buy, and simply to gauge interest prior to setting up GB.
Register interest to confirm numbers.

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -

Any feedback welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as I have some pictures i will post them up. The brackets have been finalised and we should have the first set in around 10 days.

OK, so due to sourcing availability and price, I will look at setting up the kit using the Brembo 4 pots from an Aston Martin.

To keep with the original scope of using "off the shelf" service parts, the discs are 1 piece 330mm discs and again "off the shelf" pads are easily available.

Bracket design is done and quotes in. Hope to confirm and place order for first proto parts this week.

Unfortunately due to the size of the calliper and offset of discs, they will not fit under standard 17" wheels. If running standard wheels, circa 20mm spacers will be required.
I will confirm this once I have the first set and fitted to my car.
Calculations show that the common aftermarket front wheel fitment (17 x 8 et 45) will clear.

Would there still be an interest in these kits if aftermarket wheels are required?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to Keep everyone updated, the first set of brackets have been ordered and should be with us in a week or two.

I'd be interested :) was looking at spoon or stoptech at the end of the year - some saving required. What sort of price range would you be looking at? Spacers won't be an issue however aftermarket wheels are the end game.

I'd be interested :) was looking at spoon or stoptech at the end of the year - some saving required. What sort of price range would you be looking at? Spacers won't be an issue however aftermarket wheels are the end game.

Price will depend on how many people are interested. Currently trying to get costs down to around 1k for the complete kit

I could well be interested, won't be till near xmas time though and I'd like a good review on them first if possible :)

OK cool - what Aston Martin are they from? A mate of mine had DB9 frontcalipers on his 300hp Astra VXR. They were epic. Nurburgring, Spa and numerous UK trackdays with ease. I look forward to seeing the completed kit come together. Thoroughly interested.

All the parts are now in and testing will start this week. A picture of the kit has been added to the OP. More pictures will come when they are on the car

I can appreciate the effort going into sorting a kit like this out however i'm not interested in paying £1400+

I'm also interested in a set for the EP3 but not at £1400, SPOON breaks retail new for £1000 and you can pick up a set of DC5 Brembo breaks for £600 Refurbished on eBay.

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I didn't think we would get much interest at the £1400 but if we can get 10 people together we will be looking at £1150 which for All new parts is a steal. Yes Spoon are 1k but that doesn't include disks or pads and is still a 300mm kit! I can list a price without disks and pads if people prefer to source them themselves?

At the end of the day I would prefer to have a Brembo calliper on my car than a stoptech/high sport/D2 etc and at a much lower price I think this kit is really well priced.

Fingers crossed across the s2ki, civic type r owners and here we can get 10 people interested to get the price down as low as possible.

If you would be interested but only at a certain price then please add your name and state what price (number of kits)

How much Would it be without the discs and pads?

Understandably there are options on what disks and pads are available on the market so I have updated the original post with costs excluding disks and pads for those that are interested

1 Kit - £1750.00 (£1550 excluding Discs and Pads)
5 Kits - £1400.00 (£1200 excluding Discs and Pads)
10 Kits - £1150.00 (£950 excluding Discs and Pads)
20+ Kits - £1050.00 (£850 excluding Discs and Pads)

Back