• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

astra vxr/ civic type r ep3

Hi all,
i own a ep3 civic type r stock but am interested to find out if an astra vxr (stock) feels any quicker than the ep3 if at all. No im not into street racing before people start giving me stick lol. I was just wondering, as never driven an astra vxr. Just wondered if the turbo gives you that much edge over a naturally aspirated ep3.

anybody who has owned both feedback would be welcome. Would never buy a vauxhall lol jap all the way, but was just interested about turbo hot hatches.....

thanks.....

The massive torque increase over the EP3 will make it feel a lot quicker.

vxr will kill an ep3 in a straight line, ep3 on a country lane though would probobly kill a vxr. The vxr has far too much power for fwd, understeers like a bitch!

Stick with the type-r mate street racing or not quicker or not the civic type-r has 1 thing over the vxr and that's class I've been in a astra vxr and my mates monaro vxr they 're over rated unlike the type-r which everyone knows and can't dispute is a great car :)

a mate of mine actually owns an astra vxr, hes got the 2l turbo, dont know if thats the one you mean, but in a straight line were neck and neck until about 80 where quite clearly he has better torque. i would say they around the same, from comparing them both i agree with the posts that the vxr in a straight would beat the ctr to 100 but not even close on a track. Also, thought i would mention that tuning a ctr is a lot harder and costly compared to a vxr. ctr you could possibly achieve 250 - 270 break before you start introducing a turbo or supercharger, the vxr however, can be tuned and achieve some really impressive ponies.

Astra is quicker, but through twisties would lose to a CTR. The corsa Vxr is a closer match and is as quick in a straight line and in the bends. It's also a better car to drive than the astra.

Astra + Vauxhal + vxr = chav

In your area perhaps, up here it's 1.2 twinport Corsa-ville.

Loads of little kids have them here, and thank god the cops took some advice and set up a speed camera around the main street last friday as they caught 18 of the little feckers tooling about at the most stupid speeds.

In your area perhaps, up here it's 1.2 twinport Corsa-ville.

Loads of little kids have them here, and thank god the cops took some advice and set up a speed camera around the main street last friday as they caught 18 of the little feckers tooling about at the most stupid speeds.

I'm currently on a mission to find out who the complete c*nt is that owns a blue FN2 in my area as he blasted past my house, in a 30 zone last night, in 4th on high cam. 100+ easy. I'll kick him in the throat if I find out who he is.

I'm currently on a mission to find out who the complete c*nt is that owns a blue FN2 in my area as he blasted past my house, in a 30 zone last night, in 4th on high cam. 100+ easy. I'll kick him in the throat if I find out who he is.

Thats not good mate. There are a few noobs around us including a bloke in a EK9 who thinks the same way as your FN bloke.

I disagree. An EP3 FEELS faster because of the noise it makes and how the power comes in. I've driven a VXR and didn't impress me. EP3 will defo put a bigger smile on your face.

I agree with stuartAAA ive driven vxr lean cupra r focus rs and yes theyre all quick but out of them all the type r put the biggest smile on my face

Astra + Vauxhal + vxr = chav

I have a feeling from reading recent posts from members that it will soon be:

Honda + Type R + Cat D/high mileage bargain = "how quick can I get my Type R/can it beat a BMW M3/pub trash talk refering to how they can go quicker round a street corner" from chavs

Back