• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CH1 ATR 0-60 speed?

I reckon in standard form the ATR is quicker over any PRIVATE uk B road than any other Type R. The ATR suspension is perfect for soaking up the bumps and keeping full contact with the tarmac where as the other Type R`s are more track based and less refined. The Euro R has the more track based/Jap road suspension setup, all the videos of this show its a monster on track and only ever gets shown racing against other modified type R`s:twisted:

I reckon in standard form the ATR is quicker over any PRIVATE uk B road than any other Type R. The ATR suspension is perfect for soaking up the bumps and keeping full contact with the tarmac where as the other Type R`s are more track based and less refined. The Euro R has the more track based/Jap road suspension setup, all the videos of this show its a monster on track and only ever gets shown racing against other modified type R`s:twisted:

:smt023

At the end of the day there is actually very little in it between any fast hondas on track be it a DC2, DC5, EP3, ATR, Prelude, CRX and so on..

Last year at brands I had a NA2 NSX blue flagged with me in my DC2, would i say that a DC2 is faster than a NSX, nope, but it comes down to drivers on the day, and how hard they are willing to push it IMO.

According to parkers the 0-60 times
ATR 1998-2001 7.3secs
DC2 6.5 secs
CTR 6.4 secs

Has anyone found it to be different

well i think they were done at different times maybe by different drivers anyway who cares each one of they cars should be able to keep up with each other in almost any conditon. i like the accord as its more comfy than the other 2 has more presence, is practical, looks good for a 4 door

thats what i like in a car and at the price the atr was one to go for, but were all different

According to parkers the 0-60 times
ATR 1998-2001 7.3secs
DC2 6.5 secs
CTR 6.4 secs

Has anyone found it to be different

EVO magazine figures of 0-60mph and 0-100mph are -

0-60 mph 0-100 mph

CTR- 6.8 16.9
DC2- 6.2 17.9
ATR- 6.1 17.4

these are actual times as tested by evo magazine not manafacturers quotes figures which are normally way off the mark :smt023

The vti's are nippy. I had a play against a civic vti. Had cams, induction, exhaust and remap and was only a slight bit slower upto 70mph, not enough to even notice though!

I have tested my car against a dc2 and civic type r and both seem to be faster. This was when the car had a small leak in the intake manifold gasket. Could this cause a loss in power???

go get your car rolling roaded got mines done recently and at 94k it has not lost one single bhp, give it a good service, im having a laugh with my atr rite now misfiring on every cylinder, prob bout 150 bhp the now

my tyres are getting worn now and dont have as much grip when launched anyway it really all depends how good the guy behind the wheel is i would not put ma foot rite down when launching the atr alot of people have said hold the revs at 4k, for the best start

Last edited by a moderator:
go get your car rolling roaded got mines done recently and at 94k it has not lost one single bhp, give it a good service,

How much would it roughly cost for rolling road??

My car was serviced at 94000 on 98k so doesnt need service untill another 5000 miles.

How much would it roughly cost for rolling road??

My car was serviced at 94000 on 98k so doesnt need service untill another 5000 miles.

But by your own admission it does need the manifold leak sorting. Go get it sorted ;)

But by your own admission it does need the manifold leak sorting. Go get it sorted ;)

It is sorted. It was the egr gasket that was damaged. I cleaned the valve and then used the same old gasket. Replaced gasket and car is fine now. :D

Back