• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CH1 ATR bhp???

I was just wondering what the bhp is in a standard-ish ATR, 1 decided he would take on my standard EP3 on the track. I was quite suprised when i was easily keeping up with him! :cool: He tried to overtake for a second time, though again i dropped it down a cog and i kept up! His car sounded really raw and you could tell he was giving it some

220bhp iirc.. ATR's do sound very raw and highly tuned when being gunned. 8)

I'd reword your post mate as to not fall foul of street racing post rule. ;)

I thought ATR's were 212bhp?? :confused:

You shouldn't have a problem in an EP3 keeping up as the figures are very similar. Depends on driver. :D

BHP per tonne. Anyone care to work that one out as its the only true way to compair two different cars.

Roughly...

CTR EP3
197 bhp / 1.21 tonne = 163 bhp/tonne

ATR
212 bhp / 1.40 tonne = 152 bhp/tonne

These are just estimates and in no way scientific. :lol:

Indeed the stock output of the ATR is listed at 212 bhp.

Not bad for a 4 door family car that revs all the way to high heaven. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Indeed the stock output of the ATR is listed at 212 bhp.

Not bad for a 4 door family car that revs all the way to high heaven. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

They are great fun :0

On a track (no really I mean on a race track ;) a std ATR will drive away from a CTR due to its better chassis and handling. At the traffic light GP the CTR will edge it but I think this is mainly due to the lower gearing of the 6sp box over the longer 5 speeder in the ATR.

Also I think the weight difference is a lot closer than sharkey's calc -am sure its only 50-60kg between them. The ATR may be longer but its seriously stripped (hardly any sound proofing, back seats are foam only, no frame, thin glass, entire boot lining weights about 3kg!!)

Pre-facelift cars (with the visable exhausts) are 209bhp (212PS) with the latter facelift cars (dangley exhausts) being 212bhp

Pre is listed as 209bhp, Post is listed as 212ps, which is 209bhp, only difference between the two was cosmetic

Back