• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Auto stop unavailable

Hi all, the last few days when I’ve got in the car and started it up, the car has shown as autostop unavailable with a battery symbol underneath. Reading the handbook this means the battery hasn’t got enough juice or a problem with the charging system, yesterday I took the car for a good long drive to visit family, when I started it up at their house to come home the warning had gone - I assume as the battery charged, when I’ve gone back to the car today the warning is back... it’s like the car has lost charge overnight? One thing of note is that I have a Dashcam fitted, I have this plugged into the 12v socket in the centre armrest, is this a permanently live socket that could be draining the battery? It turns off when the car turns off, I’ve got the parking mode disabled and no charging lights show up. I can’t think what else it could be, I’m going to do a battery test at work tomorrow and then book it in with Honda - that is if I’m not being a complete tool and it is the Dashcam...

The 12v socket won't be live until the car is running,
I'm not sure what batteries are in these cars but I remember my service report last year, the battery report was reading 11. Something,
To me I thought that was low compared to the normal as I'd just driven over 30 minutes to get there

Tested the battery today, it’s only about 50% charged and just under 12v. Colleagues said it could be either a duff battery, battery sensor or something draining the battery. Will have to get it booked in at Honda once this weather passes this week... hopefully covered under warranty as the car is only 14 months old

Update: the lights have become a permanent fixture on my dashboard and auto stop has been disabled all week (every cloud!) so I’ll be popping into Honda to get it booked in as soon as I can. I initially thought the weather might have caused it but it’s been fairly warm this week...

Back