• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Autosocks

Update!!

Got back from work pretty uneventfully just on tyres, pulled into our parking area to do a 3 point turn to park in the garage, got completely stuck.

After faffing around for about 5 minutes trying to push the car we put the Autosocks on again, instant traction, they really are unbelieveable.

Update!!

Got back from work pretty uneventfully just on tyres, pulled into our parking area to do a 3 point turn to park in the garage, got completely stuck.

After faffing around for about 5 minutes trying to push the car we put the Autosocks on again, instant traction, they really are unbelieveable.

And they really are annoying sold out in the size I need. :(

They were for my size to (im guessing the same as you), they are on back order but they were expecting delivery yesterday or today.

Annoyingly I threw out the old set I had for the vito, :lol:

Was looking at getting a set in 225/40/18. However will wait and see how the winter progresses..

Quick video from this morning...

[video=youtube;CXqtNb_VnVU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXqtNb_VnVU[/video]

Looking to get some for the EP3. Do you need one for all 4 wheels or just the front driven wheels?

Also, wheres the cheapest place to get these?

Had to go and get some new tyres today as my current ones were shot and it was the last time before xmas that I could get there, the garage which does uber cheap tyres was a 60 mile round trip away. Luckly my AutoSocks arrived a couple of weeks ago and proved essential once again. They are quite different to Simons in the fact they are far easier to get on and off, but I would say from the wear rate on them they wont last as long as his ones. Its quite funny driving down the more well used roads as you really need to keep to the snow whereas everybody else is trying to avoid it. A lady even stopped me in the traffic queue and asked me about them as she had seen them advertised but didnt know if they were any good. Of course I couldnt recommend them to her enough.
10/10 again!

No idea tbh, the surface is starting to rough up but hasnt worn any of the material away yet. The composition of Simons and mine are completely different, his being more plasticy and mine more material like, although it does say mine contain kevlar so they should be pretty hard wearing.

You just need to be aware they need to come off when you reach tarmac.

Back