• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Avoid Jap Parts Ltd (birmingham) at all costs

Hey guys,

Sorry if there's a better place to put this but I couldn't find one, and i felt it was my duty to warn you off ever using these breakers.

I was looking for a set of used gearbox cables for my civic type-r (fn2). I used 1st choice online to send my query out to all the breakers.

One of the quotes i had back (and was considerably cheaper than all the rest, so should of seen this coming) was from Jap Parts LTD in Birmingham.

I paid and received the cables fairly quickly (not through 1st choice though so my own fault). I went to fit them to the car, and noticed they were around 3 inches too short, and had an additional bracket which mine didn't have, so was obviously off a different car.

I phoned them and told them this, they offered a full refund should i send it back to them. I asked them about the postage to send it back, and they refused to pay it, saying they'd have to speak to their manager. This lasted all day and after multiple phone calls, and promises of a phone back, they didn't

So i contacted them today, and spoke to possibly the most arrogant, obnoxious, rude human being I've ever spoken to in my life. To summarize, he told me he sent me ones i asked for (although they were apparently from a 2010 type-r), and started asking me why didn't I send pictures before i ordered of the ones from my car so it's my fault. I explained it was because i was still using the car, and he simply didn't listen. He also said I told him i wanted the cables for a civic type-r, and didn't specify which one. Although on the website it clearly states my model and year, because it brings up the details from my registration plate. He then went on talking over me, telling me i'm lying and that I probably broke the cables or didn't want them anymore. I then told him I'll get in contact with Trading Standards, and he said fine and put the phone down on me.

I feel I have to write this review so no one on here has the trouble i had today. If you look at the reviews online about the company (wish i did before i bought the parts) you'll see things similar to what i said.

Please guys, don't use this company!!

Hey guys,

Sorry if there's a better place to put this but I couldn't find one, and i felt it was my duty to warn you off ever using these breakers.

I was looking for a set of used gearbox cables for my civic type-r (fn2). I used 1st choice online to send my query out to all the breakers.

One of the quotes i had back (and was considerably cheaper than all the rest, so should of seen this coming) was from Jap Parts LTD in Birmingham.

I paid and received the cables fairly quickly (not through 1st choice though so my own fault). I went to fit them to the car, and noticed they were around 3 inches too short, and had an additional bracket which mine didn't have, so was obviously off a different car.

I phoned them and told them this, they offered a full refund should i send it back to them. I asked them about the postage to send it back, and they refused to pay it, saying they'd have to speak to their manager. This lasted all day and after multiple phone calls, and promises of a phone back, they didn't

So i contacted them today, and spoke to possibly the most arrogant, obnoxious, rude human being I've ever spoken to in my life. To summarize, he told me he sent me ones i asked for (although they were apparently from a 2010 type-r), and started asking me why didn't I send pictures before i ordered of the ones from my car so it's my fault. I explained it was because i was still using the car, and he simply didn't listen. He also said I told him i wanted the cables for a civic type-r, and didn't specify which one. Although on the website it clearly states my model and year, because it brings up the details from my registration plate. He then went on talking over me, telling me i'm lying and that I probably broke the cables or didn't want them anymore. I then told him I'll get in contact with Trading Standards, and he said fine and put the phone down on me.

I feel I have to write this review so no one on here has the trouble i had today. If you look at the reviews online about the company (wish i did before i bought the parts) you'll see things similar to what i said.

Please guys, don't use this company!!

I see where you went wrong, Birmingham + car = (you - money) x (rage + handling stolen goods charge)

I almost bought from these a few weeks ago!

It was for a wing mirror, i rang honda and they wanted £178 for a wing mirror which is riddiculous. So went on a breaker comparison site a company rang saying they had one for £89 and then jap parts wer the second people to ring me and there price was £48 i thought that seemed too good to be true so googled them and there reviews are shiit so avoided. Luckily didn't need the mirror in the end anyway.

Sorry to here you got stung by them though man, i hope people will read this and avoid them too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back