• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

B-pipes spoon vs supersprint

I was looking on unit8 the other day at b-pipes and noticed that the supersprint one is a hell of alot less expensive than the spoon one. I am just wondering what the major differences ( if any ) are between them? Could it possibly be because the spoon is silenced...i think...and the supersprint is not?

Any help on this greatly welcomed! Thanks

Supersprint are Italian so have not suffered as badly as Spoon which is Japanese with the exchange rates as they are.

The Supersprint pipe is quite loud, even with a standard back box as NickCTR's videos illustrate:

[video=youtube;8ChcdipTjZo]old link autoupdated[/video]

[video=youtube;HmoSTjCeMfE]old link autoupdated[/video]

Both will probably give comparable gains, but I was warned off the Supersprint with my Spoon N1 as that combo is supposed to be very very loud indeed.

Ok cool, thanks for that. It dose sound quite nice with the oem back box so might have to go with a supersprint as its cheaper. Im plannig on getting a buddy club spec3 next year, so would i need the s/s b-pipe? And if i did would it be to loud as buddy clubs are loud to start with.

Ok cool, thanks for that. It dose sound quite nice with the oem back box so might have to go with a supersprint as its cheaper. Im plannig on getting a buddy club spec3 next year, so would i need the s/s b-pipe? And if i did would it be to loud as buddy clubs are loud to start with.

If you get the Spec 3 I'm pretty sure it is a cat back to you would get another B-pipe. That wouldn't be a bad thing because then the sound would be balanced for the new back-box.

The unsilenced supersprint pipe will be loud with virtually any aftermarket back box to be honest, but it depends what you are after! :lol:

Ok cool thanks guys, i guess i can try the spec3 with the s/s b-pipe when i can afford both and if its way to loud just use the spec3 b-pipe instead. But i know my lass wont get in the car if its got an after market zorst on...guess shes walking then :twisted:

Ok cool thanks guys, i guess i can try the spec3 with the s/s b-pipe when i can afford both and if its way to loud just use the spec3 b-pipe instead. But i know my lass wont get in the car if its got an after market zorst on...guess shes walking then :twisted:

They always come to in the end. Walking is not as much fun...

I've learned take it easy with the wife in the car, then you can have way when you're out on your own!!

The Spec III comprises of a b-pipe and back box. The b-pipe is specifically designed to fit the spec III's back box, it will not fit with any other back box. For a start it's a slip on design rather than bolt togeather fitment and the alignment is different.

So to clarify, you cannot use a Spec III mid pipe with anything other than the Spec III's backbox (unless you're very hand at fabricating your own exhausts!).

So if its a slip on center pipe, trying to use a supersprint one with the spec III would be pointless unless its fabricated to fit?

So if its a slip on center pipe, trying to use a supersprint one with the spec III would be pointless unless its fabricated to fit?

Correct.

You can sort of see how it fits togeather here:
http://www.buddyclubuk.com/spec_3.htm

The backbox slips over the mid-pipe and is joined with springs.

Even if you were a decent fabricator it'd be more hassle than it's worth trying to mate a BC Spec III back box to a Superspring mid-pipe, as you have to take into account the different bore sizes also. Off the top of my head the Spec III is 63mm Internal diameter piping and the SS is 60.5mm.

I used to own a BC Spec III (then a Toda , now a Fujitsubo) so I'm not feeding you porkies chap :lol:

The Spec III comprises of a b-pipe and back box. The b-pipe is specifically designed to fit the spec III's back box, it will not fit with any other back box. For a start it's a slip on design rather than bolt togeather fitment and the alignment is different.

So to clarify, you cannot use a Spec III mid pipe with anything other than the Spec III's backbox (unless you're very hand at fabricating your own exhausts!).

You learn something new every day!!

That will be true, the back box will only easily fit the mid pipe that comes with it, without welding/cutting etc etc.. So no different combos allowed :(

Well thanks CTRPaul for the advise and info, i might just not bother with the supersprint centre pipe with the OEM back box and just save for the BC spec III system. Am sure it would be loud enough for what i want out of it. Thanks again!

Well thanks CTRPaul for the advise and info, i might just not bother with the supersprint centre pipe with the OEM back box and just save for the BC spec III system. Am sure it would be loud enough for what i want out of it. Thanks again!

The Spec III is seriously loud, you'll not be doing any track days with one fitted because of the noise levels. It's not too disimlar to the noise level produced by a 360 Stradale at full chat (owners of those have issues with track days too).

Holy sh!t...i just checked out some vids on you tube of 360's and if a specIII sounds and noise levels are like that im totaly going to get one :twisted:

but surely if its going to make your ctr that loud its going to attract the attention of the police, even just cruising around town? would it be worth using a bung and take it out when on a blast in the 'quiet' country side?

You don't actually mean putting something in your exhaust pipe do u?? coz that'll stop exhaust gases getting out.

Also someone said something about the supersprint pipe being loud. I'm sure you can get a silenced version off thier website too. Does anyone no if that will be the same sort of noise levels as the spoon b-pipe??????

Been out in the rain today and had a fair bit of problems with what sounds like the B-pipe hitting the underside of the car.

I've noticed it before when it's very wet and I've read on here somewhere that it can happen with Spoon B-pipes when they get a bit of moisture in them.

Has anyone else had this and any suggestions on how I can stop it happening?!

Back