• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Back box options? (not too loud)

Hi I'm looking at the possibility of changing the back box on my ep3 but i don't want something that's crazy loud. Ideally it would like to just fit it to my current setup anyone recomend options?
current setup
dc sports manifold
supersprint centre section ( 1 box)
standard backbox

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Is having one fabricated an option ?
I have listened to various exhaust options on youtube, but the only one i like is the Tegiwa Cat Back System.
I sold the Spoon N1 that came with my car and put the standard box back on. Too loud for me, and in my opinion, sounded like a bag full of wasps.
I ended up putting a bung in it, but that kind of defeats the point. It depends on what you're into, but at least with a fabricated box, you can decide how loud you want it to be.

Cheers

I have the SRS exhaust. It's a full system with decat and it's pretty ok.
I use the screw in silencer and it's very quiet. Pop it out when I go to the track or want to go hooning.

Hi,

Is having one fabricated an option ?
I have listened to various exhaust options on youtube, but the only one i like is the Tegiwa Cat Back System.
I sold the Spoon N1 that came with my car and put the standard box back on. Too loud for me, and in my opinion, sounded like a bag full of wasps.
I ended up putting a bung in it, but that kind of defeats the point. It depends on what you're into, but at least with a fabricated box, you can decide how loud you want it to be.

Cheers

cheers there isn't anyone local to me that I would really trust to make one if I'm honest.

Tegiwa cat back is among the quietest for the price too

Cheers i only really want to get a backbox if I can

I have the SRS exhaust. It's a full system with decat and it's pretty ok.
I use the screw in silencer and it's very quiet. Pop it out when I go to the track or want to go hooning.

oh right I'll have a look cheers

HKS could be an option mate. Trouble I find is that most backboxes are around the £300 mark, for an extra £100-£200 you can have a full system, or pick up a second hand full system.

I've heard an m2 exhaust in the flesh a silenced one and it was quieter than my DC Sports cat back which I don't think is that loud for me they are cheap enough and should fit most b pipes aslong as the b pipe is silenced you should be ok for sound

Someone local to me has an m2 back box looks like a 3" one with a bung. Would this be really loud with my setup ?

Someone local to me has an m2 back box looks like a 3" one with a bung. Would this be really loud with my setup ?
On your setup it would probably be loud yes silenced centre section not so bad but always gonna be loud with a decat manifold and unsilenced centre pipe no matter what back box you use! be better to buy a full tegiwa cat back and sell bipe

I was looking the other day my centre section has one box at the rear of it I didn't realise.
i got the m2 cheep so will try it on if i don't like it I'll sell it again

If you don't get on with the M2 there's a replica of the Mugen Twinloop backbox section made by OBX you can get from eBay, think it'll need welding on but could do the job maybe?

I have the M2 (buddy club spec 3 copy 4") at the moment, silenced and isn't too loud really, but im on stock mani.

I had an unsilenced pipe with magnex back box on my last ep3 for a while and was pretty quiet to be honest and unsilenced, but may have seemed quieter back then, as the previous set up than spoon and unsilenced.

The actual box on the magnex was almost the same size as OEM hence a fair reduction in sound.

I've got a jperformance back box on my ep3 and it sounds lush and not too loud.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quick question It one and it is loud, will it be ok to run with the bung in or will the back pressure cause and issue? The reason I ask my FQ-340 MR has a tomei Extreme TI exhaust, I could use the bung but providing the car didn't hit boost as the back pressure would blow the turbo. I don't have a turbo on the Ep3 but it is supercharged will it cause an issue with back pressure possible heat issue?

The internal diameter of the bung on the M2 is the same diameter as the piping on the OEM backbox.

I cant really answer your question collister but hopefully that info helps.
If you were mapped with bung or OEM backbox no problem

Back