• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Back in an R!

Hello mate, was it a corsa by any chance? I made the same change (well corsa vxr to FN2) because mine literally spent more time in the garage than on the road!

I almost bought a Corsa VXR but found them quite expensive for what they are, so I went with the Civic and I love it

I've always read that the Astra and the Corsa are quite reliable.
From what I've seen too they are well built and can take some stick, albeit resulting in huge amounts of torque steer and understeer.

I've always read that the Astra and the Corsa are quite reliable.
From what I've seen too they are well built and can take some stick, albeit resulting in huge amounts of torque steer and understeer.

I was a member on VXR online for quite a while when I had my corsa and the general opinion on there is the Astra is pretty reliable but the corsa is a nightmare!

I was a member on VXR online for quite a while when I had my corsa and the general opinion on there is the Astra is pretty reliable but the corsa is a nightmare!

I've been browsing the forum since just before New Years and no one has appeared to have broken down yet or mentioned it in the member's cars thread.
But as I've never owned one I'll take your word for it :lol:

I've been browsing the forum since just before New Years and no one has appeared to have broken down yet or mentioned it in the member's cars thread.
But as I've never owned one I'll take your word for it :lol:

There's certainly a fair few common faults! have a read through this!

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sh...h-the-vxr-corsa&highlight=Corsa+Common+Faults

The main ones are the aircon, raditator, wheel bearings, paint bubbling up where the wheel arch panel rubs on the wing and the big one which happened to a few people while i was on there piston 4 failure!

To be fair people will always use forums to talk about faults and apparently the more recent Corsa's have had alot of the issued ironed out!

Are you looking to buy one??

Apologies for highjacking your thread to bash VXR's Milano ep3,

Get some pics up of your new motor!

I do actually like Astra Vixxers, nearly bought one before I found my FN2

A friends Nurburgring Astra VXR had the exhaust manifold crack, 2 driveshafts, turbo blow, CV's and Gearbox all go in the same week

I had a cracked manifold and the stud snapped which was a nightmare to sort. Then the gearbox bearings went. Then it started to overboost and the diaphragm split. Just problems!
Ive got a quick question to ask ive got a dvd and sat nav built in to my ep3 but it says disk reading error. Any ideas how i can sort this. It plays cds but not dvd

Back