• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bad Earth Wire

Does anyone know where the driver side headlight earth wire connection would be? driver side headlight is dim and I think its the earth wire causing the problem? any other ideas? cheers..

hi ya , check before you start looking at wiring etc, take both bulbs out and check they are 12v and ??w, even replace them incase one has a dodgey filament.
also normally if you have a bad earth , you would sometimes have sidelights or head lights pulse when the indicators are on.

danny

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply, i replaced the bulb but it is still dim.. i also tried putting the bulb in passenger side( bright side) and it worked fine there so i believe its something to do with the connection. Anyone have any ideas of what is wrong?

hi, use a voltmeter and check the voltage at the plug, do it once with the bulb in ( so there is a load on the cable) then once with the bulb out, do this to the other side and compare. ie 11-12 volts good,

if the voltage on the dodge side is alot lower, then this would be why. could be a broken wire. also check your earth continuity to the battery.

danny

Back