• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bad tyre grip feels car gonna slide out

Whats the story lads,
Got new tyres few weeks ago.They are infiniti somethings not to sure anyway i no they not a great tyre.As its coming into the winter over here in ireland i need to sort a problem out.
Anytime its wet out and i acellerate yo hard my wheels just spin this happenes in 1 2 3 gear if i give it socks its doing my head in!

Is it the tyres or what would be causing it?

Cheers lads

Kenneth

Whats the story lads,
Got new tyres few weeks ago.They are infiniti somethings not to sure anyway i no they not a great tyre.As its coming into the winter over here in ireland i need to sort a problem out.
Anytime its wet out and i acellerate yo hard my wheels just spin this happenes in 1 2 3 gear if i give it socks its doing my head in!

Is it the tyres or what would be causing it?

Cheers lads

Kenneth

Easy solution there mate - when its wet apply less pressure on the loud pedal ;) :D

I no thats what i was thinking,but trying to overtake cars or acellerate from roundabouts...not messing or driving hard just general driving like.Have a mate working in Quick fit was gonna get him to have it tracked balance etc see what happens.Do you think i should lower it was thinking bout it.Half day from work might treat myself.

I want to do something to sort this out.

Yeah i suppose your right so it would defo betyre the loss of traction is unreal ill tell ya.Thats what you get for buying cheap tyres its unbelievable.What bout getting lowering springs fitted today is it worth it

No point lowering it, that's not going to help. You NEED decent rubber, spend the money on getting some decent tyres sorted out.

OMG NO to crap tyres!

Parada spec two tyres are the best punch for pound IMO. I used to spin & slide in the wet with OEM tyres but not any more! They're about £60 a corner on fleabay! You remind me of a workmate. He bought a 3.2 porsche Boxter S then he went out & bought the cheapest rubber he could find for it. What's the point!?

lol this makes me laugh, no offense intended mate.

What people don't realise is that the only thing that touches the road on a car is the tyre.

Why buy a half decent car and then skimp on the tyres??

Toyo T1R's
Yokohama Parada Spec 2

Thing is you sound quite new to the game so therefore i can only assume you're new to spirited driving and it being wet over there I'd opt for the T1R's as they are a good wet tyre even they are a summer tyre. I ran these for a couple of a years and were great.

Yeah not that im new to the game just when i got the car i was bit short on money so had to get cheaper tyres.Thanks for the replys yeah i shouldn have jumped the gun and waited.Think ill have a look see whats the price here.

No problem mate, it's just a case where you can't be tight.

If you do have to put your foot down in case of emergency to get somewhere you won't be able to depend on your tyres and if you're pushing it a fair bit you might loose traction which might result in something bad :(.

:O

I once had some uniroyal wetsports on and they were amazing, wet & dry! Then Some chav slashed them as they set my alarm off trying to get in.

I highly recommend Toyo T1-Rs for price vs performance I think little comes near it.

The Yoko Parada are also good as said but are more pricy.

Back